NIE without an address?

Hello, I hope someone can help me with a question about getting a NIE in Barcelona. I am moving to Barcelona to work, and was told that the first thing I should do when I arrive is to get a NIE and Social Security Number. I don't have an address in Barcelona yet, is it still possible to get a NIE without filling in an address, or do I have to wait until I have found an apartment?

Hi there,

it's already been 5 years since I got mine, so maybe things have changed. But when I got my NIE it was impossible to get it without a job, and impossible to get a job without having it. A nice little vicious circle that one! (In the end I got a job where they hired me without having it, and let me go fix it one of the first days at work, I guess that's how it's always done?)Do you already have a job?

I am also pretty sure you need to present your empadronamiento with the application form. Empadronamiento is a document confirming your address... So I guess you need to find a place to live, then get the empadronamiento, then apply for your NIE.

It might sound a little complicated, but it is very doable :) Just need some patience! Good luck!!

Let me know if I can help any further!
And if this process have changed, please someone let us know!!

Thank you very much for the reply. I have a job already, so that part is taken care of at least, now I guess I just have to find a place to stay as soon as possible. I was hired with very short notice, so everything is a little hectic right now, but I'll be flying to Barcelona tomorrow and then go see lots of apartments to find something.

Hi Danish linguist (funny name!),

I have just arrived in BCN (since Saturday), and I am doing my NIE on Monday.
I didn't have an address (but I had a job) and I was still able to give my work address to get this NIE.

And good luck for your flight.

Adrian

Hi Adrian, thanks for the answer. I tried registrering with my real name, Naja, but that was already taken *g* Maybe I should try doing my NIE with my work address as well on Monday, would be nice to get that out of the way.