My lovely dog, call Anna

Hi all,
Thank you so much for reading my topic.
I would like to share to you my lovely dog, she is kind of Rottweiler, now she is 5,5 months of age.
She is very naughty as I have been seeing, but because of that, so I can very happy to go home after my tired work everyday (even after I go back home, I have to clean whole house cause of her)
She can understand my order that : sit, lay, eat, stop...but it is so lovely that when she play, she will take her toy and ask me to play with her (of course by action), if I won't care, she will touch me, touch everywhere of mine to disturb me, it is so lovely, then I have to play with her.
Bellow are some photos I took when she was 4 months of age :
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WkAvm9nj-Iw/ThAnEc0vAHI/AAAAAAAAAFM/xtAnxKsaMsE/s512/IMG_0427.JPG
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IR5S9dhXtGI/ThAnNj0qC2I/AAAAAAAAAFc/pfnQfoE_Ei4/s512/IMG_0444.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Zhl_xAb2Bw4/TiqQ_Otw05I/AAAAAAAAAG8/9g7xiEdwAEQ/s640/IMG_0486.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Uibm09t1f8w/TiqRE9dikKI/AAAAAAAAAHE/NIhBCaka_hU/s640/IMG_0505.JPG

thank you so much for reading my topic.
I will post soon about my lovely dog again.
See you soon!

Hello sara,

you got the cool dog..... i liked it somuch....

Regards,

Sara,

Rottweilers, like many other short-haired breeds, tend to look better with their tails docked.  Are you considering it?  Can you subject your Anna through such pains?

Howie

Thank you Vivekld3, do you have dog too?
Hi Wild, yeah, it better to keep her tails docked, I saw people cut their dog tails (this kind of dog), but with the pure dog, the tails is one of the standard, and base on the tails we can understand the dog, so my Anna still has tails too.
Sorry, my English is not really well, so maybe some time I will love to learn from you all, hope can get help from everyone.
Here are some more photos of Anna with the tails, hehehttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-aY6jb5iHRUE/ThAnRTQsYBI/AAAAAAAAAFg/qEacEfPDzvI/s640/IMG_0445.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-CUAtdp_1VFI/ThAnUpvtDLI/AAAAAAAAAFk/2apaOI3IrfA/s640/IMG_0449.JPG
This morning I got Anna some medicines, cause she has problem with the leg,as I knew it takes long time to get off her pain, but I still try my best and be sure she will get better.
Hope to see you all soon on my next post.

Wild_1 wrote:

Rottweilers, like many other short-haired breeds, tend to look better with their tails docked.

This practice while still very common is now subject to a lot of controversy. While I have had many dogs over the years that include both long and short haired species, I don't know if I would put my dog through that procedure now.
It's not like I'm going to be hunting or the like with the dog so the benefits are no longer necessary.

Ps Great looking dog though :) I love them dogs such great personalities :)

Hello guys,

Laidbackfreak, I could not agree with you more one the practice of tail docking, along with ear cropping, on dogs.  I don't think I have the stomach to do that to my own dogs.  I also read that, if one performs such tasks in a wrong period of the dog's developement, they can leave lasting psychological consequences to the dogs... 

But, wouldn't you agree that the Dobermans look much better with their ears cropped and their tails docked?  They look like two totally different dogs? 

Sara, on the other hand, I think Rottweilers look fine the way they are, tails and all.  I also read that Rottweiler is one of the healthier breeds too; not too many genetic defects.  So, again, congrats with your Anna.

As for me, I am still torn between the breeds (Dobermans, Rottweilers and Phu Quoc Ridgebacks).  The Dobermans are so me.  But then, there are the tail docking, ears cropping, genetic problems and months and thousands of dollars to get at a reputable breeder.  Rottweilers, on the other hand, are a little bigger than what I want.  I don't think that I can handle more than 2 of them.  But, because of dog-napping, I will need more than 2.  As for the Phu Quoc Ridgebacks, they are a bit smaller than what I want, meaning that I can have a pack.  No dog-napping worry then.  But, so far in my research, they sound a bit more wild than the other breeds, not too much is known about their temperments, they don't look as sharp and their tails might have to be docked too...

Well.  Back to reading and looking at photos I go.  Thanks for any pointer guys.

Howie

Howie yep totally agree the Doberman's do look totally different and tbh the only dobermans i've had were docked and ex-police trained so very smart.

If I were in a position to have a dog here I'd want the Phu Quoc, it's obviously a breed I've not come across prior to being here. What I've read and seen despite looking wild they are a very amiable companion and loyal much in the same way Husky's are. Actually I'd like one of those too.

Hi all,
Thank for your comment, I agree that some kind of dogs will look better if the tail, ear docked. But with me, I want my dog to have all the part of her body.
I agree with laidbackfreak about Phu Quoc one, they are very smart and fast.
I will take some more photos of Anna and post soon.
See you then.

Hello guys,

I love those Huskies, too, especially those blue eyes.  But, I don't think they would fare well in this tropical climate.

As for those Phu Quoc Ridgebacks, I am still trying to learn more about the health of the breed.  Wouldn't it be cool to mix a Doberman with a Phu Quoc?  I think they will look awesome, wouldn't you?

Maybe a trip to Phu Quoc is in order...

Hi there,
I don't think you can mix Doberman with Phu Quoc, Phu Quoc is good if you can find a pure one, but Deberman has many genetic problems, so it better don't mix them up, cause F1 will get many problems with genetic.
If you would like to look for a Phu Quoc Ridegeback, you also can find here in Sai Gon or some breeders from Ha Noi, no need to go to Phu Quoc to check, hehehe.

Hi Sara,

Pho Quoc Ridgeback are no longer pure.  From my readings about the breed, they have been cross-bred so much that, now, Vietnam is struggling to register the breed in the international dog arenas.  It is one of my concerns when it comes to this breed, unless I find a good breeder with an upstanding code of ethics.  Other than that, I don't think I would want to take my chances.  People just can't seem to give me a straight forward answer when it comes to these dogs; everything has been like fairy tales.

Hi Howie,
I agree with you that Phu Quoc is not longer pure cause people didn't know about their genetic, we (Vietnamese) just think that we need a dog to watch the properties, but that was the past, now almost of us knew about them and there are some breeders with very good of knowledge about genetic, they are trying to combine all good gens from many Phu Quoc that were mixed up to be in one. Do you know about the event that Phu Quoc were taken a test at Paris? I think soon Phu Quoc will get back as what they were supposed to be.
Now I tell you one of my thinking : if I would like to take any dog that I really want, I will take whatever if it good for my further dog, and if I want to mix them up, I will check very carefully, cause it can be hurt for me and my dogs if there are some dogs with sickness, unhealthily. but then I can know that there are still some of really good genetic will be alive for all of their life.
That is not about my needs, that is about my knowledge if I would like to learn or try to know. Of course I have to choose the way by myself after I understand all about them.
If my thinking is not nice to you, please excuse me.

Hope to see your dogs soon!

Hi Sara,

A fellow expat e-mailed me an article about the history of the Phu Quoc Ridgeback in the international arena, dating back to the 1800s, and Vietnam's current effort to save the breed from oblivion.  So, yes, I am aware of that effort in Paris.  But, up until now, that is the only reliable source I had.  Others, particularly those written in Vietnamese have been like old tales, which really confuses and frustrates me about the breed. 

I am going to meet with a breeder here later on this afternoon, hopefully, he will have more facts for me.  My thinking is similar to yours, I just want some short-haired, athletic looking and healthy dogs.  I don't want dogs that one day would grow up and look like bears or lions, better yet, ones that turn out to act like sloths or sound like ducks...  My life will be ruin then!  A good ten years of social devastation!!!  Haaa!

Howie

Hi there,
thank for your sharing, if you do speak Vietnamese, why don't you visit the website that I sent you before and others website about dogs to check? you will see how people  breed the dogs.
How do you know the breeder? did you check his work about dogs?

Hope to hear from you after your meeting with the breeder!