Hola all expats in Barcelona!

Ciao everyone!!

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all as just booked my one way ticket  to move to Barcelona in two weeks time! Will be on the job and accommodation search as soon as i exit the plane (17th October i arrive) so if any of you have any contacts for either please send them my way. I teach English (predominately business english when i was living in Italy for a year) and have a university degree in Health Science (Promotion and Nutrition).   

Cant wait to meet and make a new circle of friends there and hear all about your stories and experiences of life in Spain.. My ultimate goal is to stay there permanently as after much travel and living in various places it really is my perfect home.. also need to become fluent in Spanish to assist my dream career in International Health!

Thanks everyone and hope to meet a few of you soon!!

Hi sophieglasfurd,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

Hi Sophie,

I just arrived as well, for a long term stay (at least 2 years).
I hope we can organize an expat/local gathering to meet up and make new friends.

Please do stay in touch when you arrive.

Good luck for all your preparartions!

Adrian

Thanks Christine and Adrian for your replies!

Definitely will organize a gathering when i get there.. i too am staying for a couple of years at least and ultimate plan is to base myself there permanently with all going well ..

Will hola when i arrive, very excited !! Hasta presto!!

Hello Sophie,

I will arrive in Barcelona in December, and I'll be staying for at least 3 years (PhD studies). I am also looking forward to meet new people and make friends in Barna! I hope everything goes as planned regarding ur arrival and hope to join an expat-gathering soon!

Saluti da Karlsruhe, Germania.

Paola.

Hi guys!! Hola todos!!!
I'm Fabio. I'm here since september working for my PhD.
Great for those of you coming soon in this great city!! Keep us posted on your arrival!

If everybody wants to go round one of these days we could arrange something for sure!

Hasta pronto!

Hola Paola and Fabio!

Look foward to meeting you both soon and hearing all about your Phd's!! thats fantastic!

Just at my last week of work here in Melbourne, Australia and leave to Barcelona this Monday.. very excited now :)

Until then Paola i hope that all the plans go along smoothly and will see you in December when you arrive and Fabio hope to see you even sooner!

Ciao for now,

Sophie.

Hola todos!

My name is Teddy, i'm 21, and I arrived in Barcelona 3 weeks ago. I dont know a lot of people here but it could be really nice if we meet someday for a drink or anything!
If you want you can email me, or add me on facebook: Thé Lourson Ier (city: Barcelona)!

Talk to you later guys!

Hola Teddyk!

Me and my best friend arrive in Barcelona on the 18th October so will soon be able to meet up for a drink !! Will let you know once I am there and over the jet lag haha (coming from Australia is always a mission hehe!!)

Nice to chat with you here and until then have fun !!

Hasta presto, Sophie.

Nice! Then let us know when you arrive! Until then, have a good flight :)

Hello! I just moved to Barcelona a few days ago and I dont know anybody. I am from Wales, UK and I am looking for a teaching job in the city. It would be great to meet up with some fellow expats!!

Cara x

Hello everyone. Moved to Barcelona from Manchester, England in hope of finding a job and new friends and i've not not had much luck with either really so if you have any of these expat gatherings make sure you count me in haha. Hope everybodys plans go smooth. Take care

Welcome to BCN, all!

This forum used to be a lot more active when it comes to organising events etc. but we do still occasionally plan things.

Where are you all living in Barcelona?

My girlfriend and I and a few other friends live up in and around Gracia and we tend to go out quite a bit in the area so perhaps we'll bump into you sometime!

Hello All,

I am moving to Barcelona on November 3rd for 3+ months on a work assignment. I'm from Vancouver, Canada and was hoping to meet other ex-pats to experience the city with. If there is a gathering or if anyone would like to grab a drink that would be awesome.

Cheers

Hi people!!!
Does anyone want to go out and drink something tomorrow night???

Fabio

Ooooohh!! I heard Barcelona is happening, but this page is hotter than black leather seats on a hot afternoon!! :)
I will be moving to Barcelona in November for 3 years for my Masters, and would love to make new friends and meet fellow expats :) I feel good about moving to Barcelona already..Thanks all :)

Hi Sophie and everyone else.

We are going to have a meetup on the 11th November in a bar in Raval (just off Las Ramblas).

All of the info is here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=120657