Moving to DF

So I just discovered Expat.com and I couldn't be more excited to join this community. Hi everyone :) I've been living in Vallarta for exactly 10 months and will be moving to Mexico City next week!

It's been extremely hard for me to make friends here in Vallarta as to why I would like to see if anyone is around in Mexico City and what is the ExPat scene is like there? From some very brief online research it seems to be a lot of Europeans in the Roma/Condesa area. Am I wrong?  I actually will be living Interlomas (just out side of Santa Fe) with the possible daily commute to Polanco for classes.

That said, I am looking to take some spanish classes while I'm there and wondering if anyone can recommend anything. I was looking into the UNAM program.. any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi girl, welcome to Mexico City!! :) are you coming only for vacations? or are you planning to stay here for a while? No, youŽre not wrong, IŽve seen some foreigners in that area, but I think that in Polanco and Interlomas there are some of them too, and also in Coyoacan, (by the way is quite pretty as well)

Well, IŽm not well sure about the classes, but I think UNAM is a good option, but is a little far from Interlomas

Have a nice day :)