Omani Driving License

Hi All,
I am presently working and living in Sharjah and will relocate to Muscat by 1st November.
Presently I do not hold any valid driving license. I have an expired (2008) Saudi Arabian driving license which I had used for almost 8 years. Will this help me in getting an Omani DL in anyway?
If not if I have to start from scratch (I know driving but did not drive for almost 7 years now) - how much time does it take approximately?
Appreciate your valuable feedback.
Best regards
Vijay1957

vijay1957 wrote:

Hi All,
I am presently working and living in Sharjah and will relocate to Muscat by 1st November.
Presently I do not hold any valid driving license. I have an expired (2008) Saudi Arabian driving license which I had used for almost 8 years. Will this help me in getting an Omani DL in anyway?
If not if I have to start from scratch (I know driving but did not drive for almost 7 years now) - how much time does it take approximately?
Appreciate your valuable feedback.
Best regards
Vijay1957

Hello Vijay1957,
Guess you've to start from scratch all over again ! 'expired' is just that ... expired !
But since you've been driving for almost 8 years earlier, you may be able to pick-up the nuances without much hassles.
Best of luck !

Dear Vijay

Hope you are an Indian. If u have a valid Indian License first attest it from Indian embassy in Oman. So you can directly go for the road test. (No need to pass Signal and Slope tests).

Hi Lawyerinoman,

Thanks for sharing this info. I was not aware of it.

Guess this is why forums such as this is good to be with :-) !

Many thanks for the information - Sumitran and LawyerinOman. I am an Indian but was living overseas since 1993. I have never driven a car in India even though I had a DL in India and did not renew it long time ago when it expired. After leaving Saudi Arabia in 2001, I had settled in Singapore where Car is not really necessary due to the excellent public transport system, Coming back to Gulf was not in my plans! Anyways it looks like I need to go through from scratch!! Thanks for inputs anyway.
Best regards
Vijay

hiii...i have commercial heavy driving license of India and Saudi Arabia. So do i need to have a new one made or can continue with the above mentioned license in Oman?