Dog boarding possible In vietnam?

I know the pet industry is rapidly growing in vietnam but im wondering if there are simular services there as to here in the states regaurding dog boarding.
I am planning to move to saigon next fall and want to bring my dog. I know while im there ill want to travel a bit around the country and would want to board her somewhere comfortable and safe.
i keep reading about dognapping and this makes me nervouse..
any tips?!

Welcome to Expat.com reddoorjo!

Harmonie.:)

Sure.  In HCMC, I only trusted Dr. Nghia to take care of my Labrador & Golden Retriever.  He's a very caring vet who really loves animals & takes very good care of them. 

His website:
http://www.saigonpet.com/index.php?lang=en

Good luck.

Reddoorjo,

As long as your dog is not too big or too aggressive, you shouldn't have any problem getting someone to look-over it, while you are touring the country.  A near by vet, as Dopey had mentioned, is a great way to go.

Best wish,
Howie

reddoorjo wrote:

I know the pet industry is rapidly growing in vietnam but im wondering if there are simular services there as to here in the states regaurding dog boarding.
I am planning to move to saigon next fall and want to bring my dog. I know while im there ill want to travel a bit around the country and would want to board her somewhere comfortable and safe.
i keep reading about dognapping and this makes me nervouse..
any tips?!

Hi... i am a Singaporean who travel to Saigon for work the last two years, so far i have not heard about any service for pet industry here, i have a dog back home too, can understand how you feel, if you ever bring him over, i stronger suggest you try to find a trust-able friend to help you ;p
take care.
joyce