Hello Everyone, Happy to Be in Beautiful Hurghada.

I'm new here and would love to hear about local cultural get together.

I love Egyptian music and dance.

Just moved into an empty flat, so if anyone needs to recycle a sofa cooker or anything you wish to recycle I am happy to offer it a good home.

I am a firm believer in recycling and keeping our world from being ever more polluted by waste.

Any tips on great restaurants, those little gems that only locals know, would be much appreciated.

I also love the Bedouin culture and would like to hear about any trips to Oasis, not too commercial though.

You can email me via this website I promise to reply.

Salam A Leykoum.

Peace and Love.

Karnak.

Welcome to the site and also of course to Hurghada. There's quite a few places where you might get used stuff, but it takes it's time to find them and also to get the right prices. Therefore my personal suggestion is to keep asking for prices, never settle on the first 'good sounding' offer you get. That will also give you an idea about the average price and then you can 'hit on the spot' once you find any which is below that. But my suggestion: Find an item you like and know already the price of, then let a native Egyptian (co-worker, room mate, better other half etc.) go in and seal the deal for that item. In that way you won't get a jacked up new price.

As for electronics and stoves/cookers: Do NOT go for the used stuff there. Why? Egyptians generally aren't that rich, so normally they will go to great measures of getting an item repaired and repaired and repaired again before the repair costs are finally getting so high that they decide to sell it as is, means used. So when it comes to refrigerator, water heater, washing machine and cooker, do the investment in a new item, if possible for you. Don't look too much into brand names, the national brands are mostly of same quality, as even the brand names are coming in from the 'low end sales items' from China, Japan and Taiwan. So in regards to repairs for those, items need to be ordered and in turn the repairs will cost you in the end almost as much as a new domestic/national item then. Just a few things to consider when looking into buying stuff.

Hope that helps a little....btw, seen your Birthday is one day before mine...the question is now only about the year ;)

Happy stay/life in Hurghada!

Good Morning Azeera,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a helpful reply to my post. I really appreciate it.

I will take your advice and go shopping with a local who can secure the local rate as opposed to the tourist or visitor rate.

Do you happen to know of any venues which feature local cultural music and dance?. I am not into discos and clubs.

It would be lovely to hear some traditional Egyptian music and see some belly dancing at which Egyptians excel.

Thank you again and have a lovely weekend,

Salam A Leykoum.

Karnak.