Dogs in Vietnam

Hi gangs,

I have long been fascinated with those Doberman Pinschers.  Now, I would really really like to get me a couple pure-bread ones.  Do you know if there is such a breeder here?  Or do any of you have some? 

What about that Phu Quoc Ridgeback breed?  I heard that they are not too good with children?

Your inputs will be greatly appriciated.

Howie

Google it dude. You can learn all about dog breeds on the internet. Dobermans are good guard dogs. But you should guard them because of the dog thiefs Who like to cook them up and sell them. Just a thought.

You should go to "Le Hong Phong" street.
On that street, they have a few shop for dogs and cats.
And they have many type of dogs at there.
Or you can order any type of dogs you want

felicitas.89 wrote:

You should go to "Le Hong Phong" street.
On that street, they have a few shop for dogs and cats.
And they have many type of dogs at there.
Or you can order any type of dogs you want

No please don't go to Le Hong Phong cause you don't know exactly how they are, but I knew it.
6 months ago, I would like to get a dog, and because I thought that place has many kind of dogs so I came over and buy one dogs, then after 2 days at my house the dog get sick, after 1 week, he gone. I cried almost whole day,by the time I saw my dog slowly dying, it made me hurt.
Then I decide to get another dog, but this time I check carefully, not because of the money I had lost last time, but because I don't want my dog get hurt. And I joint the Vietpet forum where people talk about there dog, selling and buying.
My dog is kind of Rottweiler, I buy from 1 of famous breeder, very trustfully.
I will check then give you the contact of person incharge so you can contact them.

Hi Sara_Xuan,

I am sorry to read about the passing of your dog.  Yes, that would really hurts; and it is definitely something I am not willing to go through right now.

I would really appreciate it if you could get me the contact number of that breeder.

I could wait until I go back to the US to get my dogs and bring them here with me.  But, if there is a good breeder here, which is rare, I will have no problem giving him/her by business.

To me, a dog is a serious committment.  Therefore, I will not toy around in the process of choosing and buying one.

So, you have a Rottweiler, hey?  Is is pure bred?  Those are very hard to come by around here, too.  I have seen some German Shepherds and beagles, but not much else.  You are really lucky.

Howie

Hi there,
I have a pure Rottweiler, the breeder is one of the famous bredder in Viet Nam, I bought my Anna few month ago, he alway help me to get my dog be better. but he just has Rottweiler, no any else.
His place locates at Cu Chi.
Do you speak Vietnamese? Or if you will need help, this is my phone No. 098 304 7674, just send me text if you will need help, if you can speak Vietnamese I will give you his number.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-srvxK5uOQ-I/TiqRH8fe4hI/AAAAAAAAAHM/AYqlphFgMrs/s512/IMG_0506.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-rJVksVIZeJE/ThAnXxo47GI/AAAAAAAAAFo/eLcqK1if0X8/s640/IMG_0451.JPG

Hello Sara,

Wow, that is one regal animal!  He is still a pup too, isn't he?  Are you training him yourself or are you sending him to training classes?

I love Rottweilers, too.  But, the thing is I need more than one dog (ideally 4); and I don't think I can handle more than 2 of these guys myself.  They are substantially larger and more powerful than the Dobermans.  How are you doing with your Anna?

Regardless, I will keep your number and will give you a ring if I happen to be in your area.  Now that I know Rottwielers are available here, they are easily my second choice.  Let me figure this out first.

Oh yeah, I do speak Vietnamese.  But, if I decide on Rottweilers, I will definitely need your helps because of your experience with the breed and this particular breeder.

I will let you know.  Until then, congrats on finding such a majestic looking creature.

Howie

Hi Wild,
Anna is very naughty, she was trained by myself and my husband.
She is only 5,5 months now, she love me and scare of my husband I thought, hehehe.
I will be very happy if you have time to visit my topic talk about Anna.
Ah, where do you live? Is there someone with you to take care of the dogs if you will get them? If you decide to get kind of Rottweiler, GSD... I think your  energy must be more than them, don't you think so?
Anyway, hope to talk to you more.
Bye for now!

Hi Sara,

I was doing some readings about dog trainings last night, when I came across this article.  I thought it might help you with your Anna:  doberman.org/articles/puppy.htm

It is a great article about puppy training.  I love the part about the different stages in dogs developement, they are just like children.  Check it out.

Howie

Currently, I am living in the heart of Can Tho.  But, I would like to move to the suburbs; I like to be among the trees more than motorbikes.  Haaa!  That is why I will need to get me some dogs. 

Once I have my dogs picked out, I would like to train them myself.  If I hire a trainer, then they will be my trainer's dogs, not mine.  That is why I want to get my dogs from reputable breeders; I will need to breed assistance from him/her.

Howie

Hi Howie,
If you would like to train your dog by yourself, you can check on some website about training dog or if you do speak Vietnamese, you can visit this website to check, there are many reputable breeders, many kinds of pure dog that I think can meet your needs, this is the link:
forum.vietpet.com/index.php
I also be one of the member of this web.
Hope it can help you a bit.
Chat soon!
Hope it can help you

Hi Howie,
How was your meeting with the breeder of Phu Quoc Br.?
You are currently at Can Tho right? I just ask the breeder at Cu Chi about Phu Quoc, and he said that near his place, there are many Phu Quoc babies just were born, their parents are from Phu Quoc Island.
I don't know if you would like to come over Cu Chi to have a look, cause I plan to go there also, so if you would like to go there, just tell me, I can take you with me, and by the way, you can come to have a look the place where my Anna was breed.
Have a think about that then let me know!
Hope to get your feedback soon!

Sara

Hi Sara,

I would love to meet up with you guys.  As a matter of facts, I was in Saigon and was inquiring about Can Gio the past couple of days.  How is the beach there?  When do you intend on going to Cu Chi?

I had just returned to Can Tho last night.  I will probably be back in Saigon next weekend.  Let me know.

As for the PQ Ridgeback breeder in Can Tho, I heard lots of good things about him but did not get to meet him and his dogs.  His place is too far off in the country side.  My friend and I couldn't handle the road, so we called it off.  We will try to get a boat next time.

As for my Vietnamese, I can speak really good.  But, I can't say the same about my reading and writing.  I am learning though.

Howie

hi there, I am planning on moving to Vietnam, possibly ha hoi, and i am wanting to bring my large dog. I am worried by what i have been reading on here about pet kidnaping?? i also see they eat more dog in the north, is it more dangerous for my dog there? when i move there i will be living alone and there may come times when i will want to travel around the country. are there any dog boarding services there that are safe?? any advice would be much appreciated!!!
please write me at [email protected]

Wild_1 wrote:

Hi Sara,

I would love to meet up with you guys.  As a matter of facts, I was in Saigon and was inquiring about Can Gio the past couple of days.  How is the beach there?  When do you intend on going to Cu Chi?

I had just returned to Can Tho last night.  I will probably be back in Saigon next weekend.  Let me know.

As for the PQ Ridgeback breeder in Can Tho, I heard lots of good things about him but did not get to meet him and his dogs.  His place is too far off in the country side.  My friend and I couldn't handle the road, so we called it off.  We will try to get a boat next time.

As for my Vietnamese, I can speak really good.  But, I can't say the same about my reading and writing.  I am learning though.

Howie

Hi Howie,
if next week you will come to Sai Gon, I can take you to Cu Chi, where the place of Phu Quoc and Rottweiler breeder locate.
we can start to go there on Saturday. but when you come to Sai Gon, where will you stay? and how can we meet? Do you have motorbike?

Hi reddoorjo,
I got email to you, please check.

Hey guys,

iv been looking for a bullmastiff. Any tips where i can find a good one. Some of my vietnamese friend told me to go to this address le phong street D5. is it good to go there because i hear a lot of horrible thing about the pets there

Thanks!

babyface assassin wrote:

Hey guys,

iv been looking for a bullmastiff. Any tips where i can find a good one. Some of my vietnamese friend told me to go to this address le phong street D5. is it good to go there because i hear a lot of horrible thing about the pets there

Thanks!

Hi,
You shouldn't come there if you heard any horrible thing from there especially for me, it is very bad place to me, cause my dog was death.

Sara

can you give me some info wr i can find bullmastiff

jasper

babyface assassin wrote:

Sara

can you give me some info wr i can find bullmastiff

jasper

Hi Babyface,
Let me just check and then give it to you, I got your text but couldn't anwser, sorry cause of my phone service.
Please give me your email add, then after I check if anyone good, I will let you know.

Bye for now.
Sara.

Hi Sara,

Sorry I have not been able to keep in touch, I was out on business.  I have just gotten back to Can Tho last night.

I will have to catch you at a later date, for I still have lots to do here.  I really appreciate your kind offer, Sara.

When I go, I will probably drive to Can Gio, pick you guys up and we go from there.

Howie

Sara,

heres my email add. [email protected]

Thank you

Wild_1 wrote:

Hi Sara,

Sorry I have not been able to keep in touch, I was out on business.  I have just gotten back to Can Tho last night.

I will have to catch you at a later date, for I still have lots to do here.  I really appreciate your kind offer, Sara.

When I go, I will probably drive to Can Gio, pick you guys up and we go from there.

Howie

Hi Howie,
You are welcome Howie.
I am at Ho Chi Minh now, I just free on Sat and Sunday, call me when you ready to go pls so I can plan my time,otherwise I cannot to plan and go with you.
Hope to see you soon.
Sara.

Hi Sara,

I will definitely give you a buzz in advance, when I find the time to go.

In the mean time, if you happen to come across a Doberman breeder here, don't hesitate to drop me a line.  I will probably get me a coupble of Phu Quoc Ridgebacks.  But, I don't think I can ever turn down a Doberman; the breed's size and body lines are just too good for me to pass up.

Thanks in advance.

Howie

As I have known, almost Dobermans are at Ha Noi, there are some breeder at HN, but in Ho Chi Minh I am still not sure yet.
Have a look this link :
forum.vietpet.com/showthread.php?t=78038
That is a breeder at Ha Noi, you can trust on him, I am not sure if there are some puppies now, but I can ask him via 4room and let you know, if you like the parents of the puppies.

Hi!  Sara Is it possible if you can give me the breeder's #??  I already got a 8 month old rottweiler and is thinking of getting another one.   Also do you know any nice place I can bring my boy to go swim during weekend??

Wild_1 wrote:

Hello Sara,

Wow, that is one regal animal!  He is still a pup too, isn't he?  Are you training him yourself or are you sending him to training classes?

I love Rottweilers, too.  But, the thing is I need more than one dog (ideally 4); and I don't think I can handle more than 2 of these guys myself.  They are substantially larger and more powerful than the Dobermans.  How are you doing with your Anna?

Regardless, I will keep your number and will give you a ring if I happen to be in your area.  Now that I know Rottwielers are available here, they are easily my second choice.  Let me figure this out first.

Oh yeah, I do speak Vietnamese.  But, if I decide on Rottweilers, I will definitely need your helps because of your experience with the breed and this particular breeder.

I will let you know.  Until then, congrats on finding such a majestic looking creature.

Howie

4 Dogs is quite a commitment. I am having "just 10", which is virtually a full-time job alone.

Also consider space - 4 dogs of that size might not happy with a smaller apartment, training and exercise another issue.
As a foreigner, you also might consider, what might happen, if  one of your dogs bites a Vietnamese kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Must not be dogs fault.

l3ully,

How are you doing, man?  It has really been awhile since I last wrote something on here.

Yeah, 4 was the number that I wanted for the parcel of land that I had acquirred.  But, I have been so busy, I had to put that on hold.

But, you got 10 of them?  What are they?

Howie

My Dogs, all nothing special.
Race: Vietnamese Street Dog :), 9 males
Race: Cocker Spaniel, 1 bitch, bought out of cage (shoe box-size, 1 year old), now just over 2 years. Prior, she never had a walk, always facing same direction, not sitting, not running.

Now, all together controlling 280sqm, which are attached to our house and my office. No intrusion without noise possible, since a few sleep inside and or a few outside/
All brave, clean, only basic trained, vaccinated and Vet on call. The oldest is now turning 4 years and the youngest 1 year. A good pack.

I have aquired a very unusual female dog and am trying to find out what she is. She is a bit bigger than a fox terrier and has a prominent razor of fur sticking up about an inch with a swirl at shoulder and razor going all way down the back . I dont know how to upload an image on here but if anyone can help my.

That sounds like a Phu Quoc Ridgeback.

Wild_1 wrote:

That sounds like a Phu Quoc Ridgeback.

Quite likely. Is a fine dog, if bread and raised well.

Dogpound,

If your dog is pure, it should have webbed-feet and spotted-tongue, as well.

But they are so big and shes quite a small compact dog, also Im in Australia and didnt think there would be any here. I rescued her from the Dogpond.

Meant to say Dog Pound.

Dogpound,

The Phu Quoc Ridgeback breed is actually quite compact in stature.  It is built along the line of a short Doberman.  Since Vietnam opennes up, this breed even made it to the US.  So, don't be surprised to find one in Australia, because you guys have sizeable population of Vietnamese there.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the information. I have been able to download some photos of that breed that have some similarity to my dog. I'd love to breed from her as shes noly very young but I can fins nothing like her around, and I havent really got the time, but Im happy to find out a little about her origins. Thanks again. Cecilia

Breeding is a dodgy word, especially for dogs. Puppies are commonly nothing really worth, it's quite challenging, to find them a good home and, if you put some effort in the puppies, not even cheap. Leave alone the hours and attention for the bitch bed and the mess. If you not have done before and have sufficient requests for the puppies, still consider it twice or more often. You also might think of garden and the time, if/when your residence/visa expires. A dog is for life.

We have once a year a litter, quite regular, but many requests. Many foreign expats here, who feel quite happy with our "home grown" (nope, they are no breed), so if nature wants, they might get this year a dog.

Thank yes I have decided it would be too much work and expence so will be happy with this lovely girl I have. She is so cute. Wish  knew how to put a photo on he4re, but maybe you cant. Anyway thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it. Cecilia

https://www.expat.com/en/pictures/
and click there ADD A PICTURE