Moving to Antofagasta

Hi everyone.

My Husband has just accepted a job and we will be moving from Australia to Antofagasta in July. We have a little girl (2years old). I don't speak any Spanish But my Husband grew up in Chile so is fluent in both English and Spanish. I am actually very very scared about the move and not knowing what I need to do before moving over there. It is not an ideal situation because my Husband will be working away 3 nights a week.

It is with a large company so they should be organising everything for us.

I hope there are some English speakers there until I get my head around Spanish.

What do I really need to know prior to the move and what is Antofagasta like. Where should I go and where shouldn't I go. Is there a better part of town to live in and what are the houses like?

Hello AussieMum !
I hope you will have the answers to your questions on EB.
I believe you are scared. Crossing half the planet (well, depending on which way the plane is going), going to a country you don't know and don't speak the language with a toddler...
If you manage to find Spanish classes for foreigners, maybe you'll get to know expats in the same situation. That could be a start ?

hi!! if you need something just write me ok?
see ya