Child care in Nha Trang

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Nha Trang ?

How much is daycare in Nha Trang?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Nha Trang you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hi Guys,

Im an Australian and I live in Cam Duc, which is about 40 mins from Nha Trang my 3.5yr old son attends the local Catholic Church, the nuns run a daycare and teach older children as well, he goes Monday- Friday 7:30-16:30, they feed them lunch and afternoon tea, they also bath them. My son has just started learning to draw lines and circles to teach him how to write letters. The cost is 350000vnd a month
He is the only western child there but the nuns speak a little English and there teaching him Vietnamese, he really enjoys it there and all the kids love him.

I know Cam Duc is to far to travel from Nha Trang but they may have the same service in Nha Trang.

Reagstar, Nice to hear someone living in Cam Duc. Your son attends the church in Hau Nghia there? my wife is Viet whom I met during the war when I was based at Dong Ba Thin (1968 thru 1972) located next to the now Khanh Hoa sugar factory. Wife's family lives in Cam Ranh city along QL-1. Almost neighbors? Rare ex-pats living in Cam Duc. Do you work there? How long in Cam Duc?

Q. What can you share with us about the child care system in Nha Trang? Very little, it hardly exists for Foreigners.

Q. How much is day care in Nha Trang? (See above)

Q. Is the staff qualified at these daycare centres? No.

Q. What are the usual opening hours? For VN centres, 07.30-17.30H.

Q. Do they provide other services at the daycare centre? Food. Sleeping on blankets on the floor.

Q. Any daycare centre in Nha Trang you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special? No.

Nha Trang is a resort town and the fairly large Foreigner population have very few children. Foreign born children are not entitled to use the VN education system, even though it is well abe to accept fees (from Vietnamese)

The few parents there are usually use Home Education systems. There are a couple of schools from the education industry in TP HCM looking at setting up cash registers and teachers in NT.

There is a new preschool which takes 1.5-5 year olds its located near the light hotel, I have seen the school it looks very nice and modern, reminded me of an Australian Daycare, but I have no idea what there program is like, this is there website,

nhatrangpreschool.com/montessori/