Child care in Cali

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Cali ?

How much is daycare in Cali?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Cali you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Child care its definetly a big concern all us parents have even if living in our home country.

I'm from Cali my husband's Canadian and we both agree there are some pretty good places to put are children on; being a 2.5 years old girl's mother can say that in this over a year time that she has being going to school/daycare our experience couldn't be better. I have no complains the teachers are all qualified the place is childproof and the hours are very flexible.

I have found this to be a wonderful place to leave my daughter since the teachers are really caring and are in constant communication with you about your child development and are always open and available for appoitments if you have any concern about your child or the school in general plus they make you feel we are all a family and their philosophy is based in values.

They have a psycologist, an occupational therapist, an English teacher (the school isn't bilingual), they have swimming, art and corporal expression lesson and they finish their process ready to start grade 1 (Not sure exactly what age they start but have seen very small babies).

Hours and prices change according to your needs. That said am going to share the prices in pesos for my daughter's school which is call Jardin Infantil y Escuela Maternal My Universo located in the south of the city:

Montly fee: $190.000  8:00am - 12:00pm
Montly lunch (recommended by a nutricionist):  $45.000 8:00 - 13:00
Daycare: a day cost $5.000   the whole month is $45.000 and it goes 13:00 - 17:00pm

Something important is that the school opens at 7:00am but the activities starts at 8:00 so you can bring your child any time between 7 and 8am also here in Colombia we use uniforms wich is in my perspective a very good thing since makes our lifes easier in the mornings :).

Hope this info helps you to have a good idea of what you can get here.

Regards,
Julieth

Hi Julieth!

Thanks very much for your help ;)

Regards
Armand