Child care in Aarhus

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Aarhus ?

How much is daycare in Aarhus?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Aarhus you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hej, am single mum with 15 year old boy and 7 year old twins. Have a great experience with a day-care called FADL's børnehave (Aarhus V; FADL's) - dedicated and qualified staff (I had arranged a study trip for the staff to my home country - Czech republic, they were very interested in learning about other ways how to work with kids:))

Otherwise there is a newly opened day-care for expat children under AAGE - international school. Don't have any experience with that one.They are English speaking.

Concerning language - my experience is it's no problem, pre-school kids learn fast through play.

Most of the day-care is open from 6.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Prices vary depending on private or municipal; but are quite o.k. plus there are possibilities for support.

I think that day-care is one of the things in this tiny kingdom I can't complain about:)

Hi Gabra!

Thank you very much for your help ;)

Armand

Hi Armand!

Hope you found childcare in aarhus!

Im in a similar situation.  How did you get on?

Thanks
Maria

Hi Maria,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that Armand is part of the Expat.com team and this discussion has been launched to gather information on the Child care in Aarhus :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team