Child care in Saint Petersburg

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Saint Petersburg ?

How much is daycare in Saint Petersburg?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Saint Petersburg you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hello, Armand!
My family had to spend the previous year in St.Petersburg and we also faced that question. Luckily, we found a private nursery and primary school called "Infant School". The education they give corresponds the «British national curriculum» plus the whole school life goes in the conditions of the English-speaking environment. Everyone is very friendly, supportive and caring ))I've never thought my child could be so happy when going to a Russian school! Here's their web-site: infantschool.ru 
I wish you to find the right place where your children could feel like home, too ))

Hi ladyluck!

Thanks very much for your help ;)

Armand

Hi Armand!

You can also try ILA Aspect that combines the British national curriculum programme and the Russian "Detstvo" programme. Please note that that this was my friend's experience, not mine.
If you child is already 5y.o, you can try Anglo-american school; my son goes to this school, and at the moment I am more than happy. Anyway, i would avoid ordinary Russian kindergartens.

Regards,
Irina

Thanks for helping Irina :top: