Child care in Zurich

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Zurich ?

How much is daycare in Zurich?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Zurich you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hi Armand,

First of all, it's quite hard to find good daycare in Zurich. Places are rare and fairly expensive if you're actually looking for well qualified staff, good programms, food, location and interior. You can expect to pay between 100 - 150 Swiss Francs per day for child care.

Staff is usually qualified and there can be intern or apprentices helping out. I've never had bad experiences with the staff though.

Opening hours vary though most places offer something between 8 am and 6 pm.

I personally would recommend globegarden, who have several places around zurich, basel and zug. prices are average to a little higher but they are bilingual and have highly qualified staff and really flexible opeing hours (7 am to 9 pm) and never close for holidays. my friend's kids have been going there for a couple of years and really adore their teachers and the great program that they offer. they also have an in-house kitchen and  a professional cook:)

good luck and enjoy switzerland - it's a lovely country:)

liz

Welcome to Expat.com & thanks for your contribution Liz!:top:

Harmonie.

What about jobs? Is it easy to get a job as "Children care" without qualifications? and also in a privat way?