Networking / New Member / Meeting new people

Hello everyone.

I just returned to Guangzhou after living in Edinburgh, Scotland for the last 5 years, and I would love to meet some new people and make new friends with people from other countries in Guangzhou.

I enjoyed very much my time in the UK. I traveled to quite a few places around the countries, and met people from all over the world, some have become good friends since.

Born and bred in Guangzhou, I went to study in Edinburgh from 2006 to 2008, then I stayed working in Scotland till this summer. I would love to maintain my connection to the UK and keep speaking English by getting to know the Brits who are living in Guangzhou at the moment. But I would also like to meet people from other countries too as I am very interested in other cultures.

Please say Hi!

Welcome to Expat.com Liang_CG!

Harmonie.:)

Hi, n good nite;)

Hi Liang, I'm English & recently moved to Shishan outside Nanhai. It'd be a pleasure to meet you. I have a free week & plan to make some trips into Guangzhou. If you'd like to meet up just let me know. Not sure which days I will be there - still trying to work out the bus & metro routes.

Surfeit wrote:

Hi Liang, I'm English & recently moved to Shishan outside Nanhai. It'd be a pleasure to meet you. I have a free week & plan to make some trips into Guangzhou. If you'd like to meet up just let me know. Not sure which days I will be there - still trying to work out the bus & metro routes.

Hello Surfeit,

Thanks for your message. I would like to meet up if you are coming into Guangzhou.

I just checked on Google Map how to travel from Shishan to Guangzhou city center. Apparently you could take the No. 230 bus from Nanhaiin to Guangzhou-Foshan Coach Station. Then you take the Metro Line 5 from Jiaokou tube station to Guangzhou Railway Station. Depends on where you want to go / meet in Guangzhou, you could then take the appropriate bus / tube accordingly for the onward journey. The No. 230 bus is close to the Tianli Heyue Chuan Cai Restaurant (it is probably not written in English) on the 281 Country Road in Shishan. Google shows the bus journey would take about 2 hours then trip on the Metro Line 5 would take about 12 minutes.

It looks like an one hour trip by car.

I will PM you with my contact details. Feel free to drop me a line with your thoughts on date and time. If you let met me know your email address I will forward the image of the route shown on the Google Map.

Cheers

Harmonie wrote:

Welcome to Expat.com Liang_CG!

Harmonie.:)

Thank you Harmonie

jjlovelva wrote:

Hi, n good nite;)

Cheers!

Hi Liang,

Would be happy to make your acquaintance. I'm from England but now am in Guangzhou; I am teaching English here. I used to have an Auntie in Edinburgh and have visited the city many times. It is a lovely city - when the weather is nice! I expect you must miss it.

My email is [email protected]

Geof

GeofW wrote:

Hi Liang,

Would be happy to make your acquaintance. I'm from England but now am in Guangzhou; I am teaching English here. I used to have an Auntie in Edinburgh and have visited the city many times. It is a lovely city - when the weather is nice! I expect you must miss it.

My email is [email protected]

Geof

Hey Geof,

Thanks for your reply. It would be my pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Yes, Edinburgh is very pretty and I miss it a lot. It is very special to me. And leaving my friends there was very difficult. The weather, hmmm, well, I survived in freezing winters. It made the rain kinda bearable. :-)

Where in England are you from?

I'll pm you my MSN and email.

I'm from the south-east corner, a small town called Deal in Kent.

A long way from Edinburgh but then distances are much longer in China

Geof

GeofW wrote:

I'm from the south-east corner, a small town called Deal in Kent.

A long way from Edinburgh but then distances are much longer in China

Geof

I see. I have never been that part of the country. I am definitely visit England again.

Yeah, I quite enjoyed the distances between places in the UK. The journey between Edinburgh and London is 4 hours and a half on the train, although it could be very expensive and it doesn't guarantee you a seat!