Food shopping

Hello.
I am moving to Copenhagen and would like to know if there department store type food halls similar to Kaufhof and Aldi in Germany to buy local and imported food products?
thanks

There are several Aldi shops in Denmark.

Hello,

Do you  have some online websites u can advise me of?

Many thanks!

apart from German food sturff can t u shop at other s for example

luveurope: Germany is right across the border from Denmark, so you are likely to find some of these German products in general supermarkets also.

Lidl and Aldi are the two German supermarkets which have opened in Denmark.

Otherwise for special type of foods / importated which use to be rare are now increasingly more and more common and available at:

Healthshops like "Helsekost" and / or grocery stores where you find Vietnamese, Turkish, Arabic, Bosnian, Pakistani and Tamil food items, but also sometimes certain German imported items are there such as chocolate.

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be moving around the end of the year (December or January) under the greencard scheme.

Does anyone have any experience buying groceries in bulk inexpensively?  Like if we want to purchase a 5 or 10 kilo bag of brown rice?  Or if we want to purchase a 5 or 10 kilo bag of lentils?  Or if we want to buy a 10 liter bottle of olive oil?  Or if we want to purchase a 10 kilo bag of flour?

I have been referred to Aldi for cheap groceries, but if we want to get the most inexpensive whole food (i.e. cook at home from scratch) food available, where do we go for that?  And if we want to buy our nonperishable staples like rice and flour and lentils in bulk, where is the absolute most cheapest place in Copenhagen for that?

Cheers,

Andrea

Hi

There are a lot of immigrant groceries where you can buy rice etc. in big bulks at reasonable prices. You will find them everywhere.

If you want to shop in low-cost shops, you shall look for Netto, Fakta, Aldi and Liedl. Maybe Rema1000 will also be a good choice for you.

Hey Guys, anyone know where to get tomato beans (preferably H***z) in CPH?

I miss English breakfast a lot...:(