EXPAT Contract Guidence for Indian Expats

@MUliving No words for your praise. Thanks a lot for helping others. i am now happy that i didn't handed over my passport to my boss as he asked me to give it to them so that they can Save it in safe. I told that its ok i will take care of it.

But there is another problem, Company will give me salary in cash and that too without any Proper salary slip. I told them to open a bank account for me and give me salary slip but they are saying it would be so costly on you as BANK CHARGES are so high here and on the point of salary slip they are saying in Tz there is nothing like salary slip i showed him my indian salary slips and then he is yet to answer me on it.

so i want your guidance in it and is there any affordable way to send money to india?

Thanks

Keeping someone's passport is ILLEGAL as per LAW & other than that it will BLOCK you to leave the country. NO EMPLOYER wants to take risk of single dollar to lose (sometimes employee also run away just in a few weeks) of Air tickets, Visa etc. You got different advice here now its up to you to enjoy your home country or...

res sir

many thks for detailed report on employer

I am also on same boat as i came here without any contract and now i am suffering after complete his project

hope peoples like me shall learn and avert the mistakes done by me

Rgds Dileep +255782 999060

MUliving wrote:

Dear Indian expat,

Hi. I'm a Indian Citizen who is having more than 6 years of experience in South Africa, Congo, Angola & Tanzania. This TOPIC is dedicated to the all the Indian expats (not limited to them only) who is trying a Job here or already having an offer from Employer in Africa.

Following are very IMP points to discuss & know from Employer

1. Try to get reference from someone for the company you are going for
- Salary on monthly basis (Many employers do not pay monthly salaries & they keep your money on hold)
- USD Transfer to India (It cost you to transfer)
- Company reputation
- Work permit (many employer do not make WP & keep rolling to save money)
- Type of accommodation
(They talk good in interview & promise many things but once you are here NOTHING happens same way)

2. Take CONTRACT in writing (these are MUST
)
- Basic family medical (Med. treatments are expensive here)
- Company vehicle
- Child schooling
- Paid house expenses(Electricity+Water charges)
- Yearly Paid leave + paid family travel to India

3. Work profile (In here Nothing is fixed , they will ask you to do anything !- BEWARE), you can not change a job in abroad as its ban by law here, so they use this as a weapon against you

4. Working hrs (Many companies work for 12-15 hrs, no time limits, even Sunday & holidays are working days!, I worked same way so BEWARE)

5. Increments (Most of the companies do not have this system, you keep working for same salary for years)

Basically I did not see any much of professionalism, all customized, & this is I have seen with several employees & not alone my experience.

If you need information on any companies in Africa write me back, I will happy to give you true report.

CLEAR WITH EMPLOYER - THEY WILL NOT HOLD YOUR PASSPORT & THAT IS ILLEGAL TO HOLD SOMEONE'S PASSPORT- BEAWARE.

the blogs which are written are facts when i was in angola i faced the same situation holding passport and salary was given after 4 to 5 months it was hell out there and it was most expensive country in the world managing our expenses with 150 or 200 usd is not possible as we have to sacrifice everything u earn to live a decent living and u cant sacrifice ur basic necessities just want to save few dollars right now i am offered job in tanzania hope it will not be the same as angola

Hi MUliving,

My husband and i are based in the UK but are looking to move to dar. My husband is in the shipping industry ( clearing and forwarding) while I am a confirmit survey programmer (so mainly use jscript). How is the Market Research Industry in Tanzania and are there any job roles similar to what i am currently involved in?

In addition, are there any good shipping companies that we could possibly look into?

Any input will be appreciated.

regards,
Yusra

Dear friends,
Recently I have an offer from Berger paints Tanzania, would like to understand how the organization is? And what all shall I enquire before joining , or just take a leap of faith.
Bubun

Dear MULIVING,

Could you please give specific safeguard measures via contract clauses for below stated pointers:
TIMELY PAYMENT OF SALARY
NO PASSPORT SUBMISSION
WHAT IN CASE OF DISPUTE
TYPE OF ACCOMD

Can these points be specifically taken in writing via contract.
Thanks

QUALITY GR is looking for mall manager.Can someone tell which mall do they own in Tanzania or provide services to?
With 6 years of exp. how good is below stated offer :

ME,WIFE,8 MONTH OLD KID

BASE SAL IN LOCAL CURR- USD 1000
SAVINGS DEPOSIT- USD 1500
FULLY FURNSHD RESIDENCE - PLZ SUGGEST GOOD AREAS ??
HOME UTILITIES PAID ( WATER + ELECTRICITY +BACKUP GENSET WITH FUEL )
CAR+DRIVER+FUEL -WHICH CAR TO EXPECT ??
COMPANY PAID - MOBILE HANDSET + RENTALS
MEDICAL COVER FOR FAMILY- PLZ NAME SOME??
EMERGENCY  EVACUATION COVER FOR FAMILY
CHILD EDUCATION AFTER 1.5 YERS FOR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
( ME,WIFE,KID ) - 2 TRIPS / YEAR TO HOME PAID FULLY
END OF YEAR PAID LEAVE- 30 DAYS
ALL TAXES PAID BY COMPANY
------------------------
What is the safeguard to ensure monthly timely salary payment/ Can I get something written on contract wrt this.??

hi, i have a friend who has got a job in Tanzania

but the preference is for
QUote//
Preference for Regional Manager would be for a single person or someone who is coming on a single status.
//unquote

why is this? my friend is married since last 5 years.

the consultant said to write single status and after 6 months to get his wife. I find this too strange. it is a common phenomenon?

thanks  for help.

rgds, prabha

Hello MU,

I have job offer from M/s. B. H. Ladva Ltd. (bhladwa.com - a construction company in Tanzania) as a Jr. Accoutant. My Monthly package is about INR 40000 (approx $850) + 2 Lacs Local shillings for food expenses. + accommodation + to & fro transportation to office + return air tickets once in 2 year. + Visa expenses.

Please advise on above job offer, I'm at Assistant level profesional in accounts and I'm moving as Bachlore in TZ.

Also request you to please advise on reputation on this compoany and info. about city of Morogoro.

Regards,
Awaiting your reply.

I am indian , i have got job offer as Business developement manager from Tanzania , there are offering me 1300$ (monthly net tax)saving salary & 350000 S as local salary (monthly) with bachelor acomodation , local transport and leave once in a two Year with return airfare.

Please suggest me is this salary package is ok for me ? How working there in Tanzania ? How are the people There ?

MUliving wrote:

Dear Indian expat,

Hi. I'm a Indian Citizen who is having more than 6 years of experience in South Africa, Congo, Angola & Tanzania. This TOPIC is dedicated to the all the Indian expats (not limited to them only) who is trying a Job here or already having an offer from Employer in Africa.

- Salary on monthly basis (Many employers do not pay monthly salaries & they keep your money on hold)
- Company reputation
- Type of accommodation
(They talk good in interview & promise many things but once you are here NOTHING happens same way)

)
- Company vehicle
- Child schooling

3. Work profile (In here Nothing is fixed , they will ask you to do anything !- BEWARE), you can not change a job in abroad as its ban by law here, so they use this as a weapon against you

4. Working hrs (Many companies work for 12-15 hrs, no time limits, even Sunday & holidays are working days!, I worked same way so BEWARE)

5. Increments (Most of the companies do not have this system, you keep working for same salary for years)

Basically I did not see any much of professionalism, all customized, & this is I have seen with several employees & not alone my experience.

If you need information on any companies in Africa write me back, I will happy to give you true report.

CLEAR WITH EMPLOYER - THEY WILL NOT HOLD YOUR PASSPORT & THAT IS ILLEGAL TO HOLD SOMEONE'S PASSPORT- BEAWARE.

Dear MUliving....
My husband is working in Arusha as the GM of Manyara wild life camp.He just compleated 1month & alredy applied for his work permit.I am an M.phil graduate in Philosophy & having almost 3years of teaching experience from a private institute.Is it possible for me to get a job as teacher or in any other firm??I would like to reach to my husband as early as possible with our 2yrs old son. Expecting a helpful reply from you.
Can you help me by advising the chances to get a fine job with good salary in Arusha.
Best regards
Shynu

ali_22ali wrote:

I am indian , i have got job offer as Business developement manager from Tanzania (Kenroid Distributors Ltd), there are offering me 1300$ (monthly net tax)saving salary & 350000 S as local salary (monthly) with bachelor acomodation , local transport and leave once in a two Year with return airfare.

Please suggest me is this salary package is ok for me ? How working there in Tanzania ? How are the people There ? How is this Companies reputation there ?

MUliving wrote:

Dear Indian expat,

- Company reputation
- Type of accommodation

)
- Company vehicle
- Child schooling

Hi MUliving.......
I had post you a message yesterday....Eagery waiting for your reply.Kindly reply me.
Best regards
Shynu

[Moderated: off topic]

hi muliving how are you ,

i am sayyed from india and presently i am in tanzania dsm trying to get job here .the point is muliving i would like to move to south africa from here do you know anyway how to reach there from here on indian passport.

how to get good job here in tanzania in sales field?
pls i am waiting for urs reply

You couldn't make this better, MUliving.
+1 coming your way

MUliving wrote:

TO ALL Expat-Blog users

There are many EXPATS are complaining about these issues:

-Employer is holding passport
-Employer is holding salaries
-Employer is not paying salaries for the leave
-Forcefully making them working for long hours

Many consultants are helping these employers to get employees for making money without proper investigation about them, thus employee is suffering.Pls note because there is a consultant inbetween that does not mean that you are SECURE. Just ask consultant if they are taking responsibilities of you will well treated.

Do post this kind of activities here so others can save themselves to fall in similar bad experience.

i want to know about expat contract

@aurangzebkhan > this is an old thread. I suggest you to start a new topic with your question on the Tanzania forum.

Thank you,
Christine

I SAYS THAT I AM WANT JOB IN TANJANIA.

Hi KRISHNA KANT,

It would be really nice of you to lower caps-lock when you write for better visibility. For your information this is a forum where members share informations and help each other, it would nice to be more friendly when asking a question :).

I suggest you open/create a new topic or post an ads in the Jobs in Tanzania section. It might be helpful if you are job hunting.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Hi Jephdesign,

This thread is dated 2009, I suggest you create a new topic in the Networking Tanzania and just be specific when choosing a title. I also suggest you write something like - Looking for friends in Tanzania :).

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team.

Hello,

Loved your post. Very informative. I'm not facing any such problems as mentioned by you.. But yes, there is one and I feel it is major. I'm working here in Arusha, Tanzania for the last 6 months. I have  a work permit under my name and I have the documents to myself as well.

But my employer is having my Passport and he said it was Legal. Which I feel it is not. But then, I had to give it to him, because I haven't faced any other problems as such. Can you please help / advice me to get it back.

Your reply will be much appreciated.
Thanks once again.

Cheers,
N.

hi i have seen your quote,
i am an indian, student of Sri Sri Ravishankar.
I am in Kenya

Regards
GRNEEL

Can you please tell me something about Quality Group Limited.

Regards,
Pankaj.

It is illegal for your employer to keep your passport.
Your passport is the property of the Indian Government.

Perhaps you should contact your nearest Indian Embassy to assist you.

Hi,

Please let me know your over all view about Quality Group Limited in Tanzania.

Thanks for your support !

Regards,
Pankaj

hi,

i have opperchunity in dar es salaam tanzania in printing industry. i heard about tanzania there so much crime. is safe to do job in tanzania can you give me more detail of  feedback about

i got job call from tanzania (turkey grop of company).they are providing me 800$ per month with bechlar accommodation.i have no idea threre cost of living plz guide me how much salary sutable for me so that i can save money at list 30000/- per month as per indian rupees.tell me something about tanzania city.three rule regulation.i am little afraid i am going to very far unlone city.

For cost of living etc www.numbeo.com or check out other posts on this forum.

I got an offer from Motisun Group. How is the company? Providing me 1200 USD offshore saving + 400 USD local living allowance + fournished accomodation + utility reimbursement 90USD for electricilty and cell phone , all in per month basis + 20% variable in a yearly basis on achieving set KRA.

How much I would be able to save based on actual salary in Tanzania. I am single and having 5 years of work exp in India (B.Tech + MBA). Earning current CTC of 8 lacs/ annum at present in New Delhi.
Should I negotiate for more and tell them NO if they dont respond me positively.
Kindly advice me quickly, as I have to reply them till today evening, as per their deadline.

Dear Sir

I am a compliance professional with 11 years of experience in India.  I recently got a job offer in Dar es salaam.
The company has asked me to inform the expected salary. Could you please let me know what salary can be quoted as expected salary into negotiate further.

Regards

Raman

Raman wrote:

Dear Sir

I am a compliance professional with 11 years of experience in India.  I recently got a job offer in Dar es salaam.
The company has asked me to inform the expected salary. Could you please let me know what salary can be quoted as expected salary into negotiate further.

Regards

Raman

This website may help www.payscale.com  or do a Google search 

You also need to factor in cost of living www.numbeo.com

Below is offer and company details i got through but iam scared to take it since i have heard very strong bad comments about that country and please if you could suggest any comments and check whther company is gnuine or not ?

Are you interested to work in Tanzania East Africa, if yes, what is your current and expected salary, how soon can you join if selected. This job position is of receptionist, are you interested.

Best Regards,

S Khatwani

Managing Director

VUCADD Engineering Services

M: +91 9820228624 W: 022-67029768 F: 022-66922469

Email: [email protected] vucadd.com

From: Shine Recruiter Services [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:30 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Email Response-Opening for Receptionist in 3 Star Hotel in Africa

Dear vucadd,

You have received an email response for Opening for Receptionist in 3 Star Hotel in Africa

The candidate profile is detailed below

Candidate Personal Information
Name: Arun Kumar
Email: [email protected]
Mobile No: +91-9894126673
Preferred Location: Bangalore, Chennai, Port Blair, Other Andaman-Nicobar, Daman, Panaji, Vasco da Gama, Kochi, United Arab Emirates

Candidate Professional History
Total Years of Experience: 9 Yrs 2 Months
Current Job Title: Duty Manager
Current Industry: Hotel / Restaurant
Current Functional Area: Front Office / Guest Relations
Key Skills: front office,lobby manager,hospitality,hotel management,duty manager

Candidate Education Details
Candidate Education Qualification: Graduation
Candidate Education Specialization: Hospitality and Hotel Management
Candidate Institute Name: TNOU

Candidate Activity History
Last Update Date: 21-Oct-2014

Regards

@Arunkumard 

:unsure

Where is the offer. No mention of salary package.

Below is the mail from shine job portal and followed by i have applied and last post of mine says for asking my salary package. Before that i want to confirm how safe is the job by your guidance.

This email has been sent to you by Vucadd Engineering Services through Shine.com
Our client is based in Tanzania East Africa and has hotels 4 Star and restuarant outlets. Our client is looking for Receptionist or Front Office Desk candidate. Candidate should be able to handle the entire operations and responsibility of handling the reception counter in the hotel. If interested, please send CV with current and expected salary and joining date. Candidate having worked on cruise lines and abroad specially in Africa, shall be preferred.
Apply

hi,

I am looking forward to move with a company known as Synarge in Tanzania.
Could you please help me with any feedback about this company.

Also if someone can guide me what is the optimum salary that one can expect from this company or is required to stay in this country.

regards
Vivek

vivekd0382 wrote:

hi,

I am looking forward to move with a company known as Synarge in Tanzania.
Could you please help me with any feedback about this company.

Also if someone can guide me what is the optimum salary that one can expect from this company or is required to stay in this country.

regards
Vivek

Welcome to the forum.
Before someone can answer your query can you tell us what your position will be with the company, what qualifications you have and how much experience.
Thank you

Hi,

I will be joining as a Manager Purchase.
I am an engineer with 9 years of experience in the filed of purchase and supplier management.

let me know if you need any other information.

Hi ,
I am from delhi, can you please reply how can we came out from this problem. No i am here in tanzania arusha and everything written by   you is true.
can you gv me your email id and contact no to speak to you.
who can help in such way. how can we drop the job and go to india back.

Please send me some information about spanish Tiles & sanitary ware ltd. arusha

as i have received offer letter .

thanks