Income Tax for Expatriates

Can anybody advise if expatriates are required to pay taxes in Tanzania. I have no idea about this...

Will look forward for your feedback ... as I have not discussed anythig about this with my new employer..

Any income is taxable in TZ, unless an exemption certificate is released by Tanzania Revenue Association (TRA) or the income falls under categories specifically mentioned in legal decrees (i.e. UN organisation). Usually the employer should calculate and pay related taxes and deductions (as pention fund) applicable to your wages, and your pay slip should comprise all these details. If still in doubt I suggest you contact employer's finance department.

Is my retirement income taxable in TZ? I want to visit 4 months a year. If so I will not come.

Tell your employer to pay 80 % of your income in offshore account and finish the case :)

Check this link and see if it is helpful

Tanzania Revenue Authority

An income is really taxable. That is an infallible truth. All revenue a person earns should be paid or else he may end up needing cash advances to pay all those extra taxes especially if he haven't been reporting all of the revenues.