Cost of living in Copenhagen

Hi,
I have recently received gree card and will be moving to Copenhagen soon. Can anyone help me to get an idea about expenses in Copenhagen for following:
1. Cost of accomodation (for studio appartment OR one room with chared kitchen...)
2. Cost of daily living expenses (e.g. Grocery etc) considering I will cook at home.
3. Cost of utilities e.g. Wwater, electricity, gas, internet
4. Cost of local travel within city (montlhy pas)
5. Cost of mobile phone connection

Any other cost, if any..

Thanks and Best Regards
RS

Hi RS and welcome to Expat.com!

Going through the different discussions of the forum may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Rajesh,

Even i'm planning to move Copenhagen in December. Living in Copenhagen is bit costly compared to Aarhus and Odense. I don't know the exact figures but I can tell you the rough figures. Accommodation will cost you around 2500-4000 Dk. So you better look for shared accommodation that will cut your cost and most of the things you can share like the utility bills, internet, room cost and if you want food.
It again depends how comfortable you are with sharing.  Roughly you might have to spend around 25000 - 30000 INR per month. It could be less if you share that might be around 20000 INR.

Good luck with your search.

hi Ani

how much is the costs in pounds or dollas.thank you.

The basic rule of thumb at the moment to convert DKK into US dollars is to divide the DKK by 5.  But you'd get a more accurate number here: http://www.xe.com/

Hi All,
I have a job in Copenhagen for four months for DKK 65,000 per month.  I know taxes are high and the cost of living is high.  Can you tell me if this is enough to live on?  I have no idea how much taxes will take out of this.  I will need to rent a 2 bedroom apartment.
Thank you,
atj

Hi atj,

Welcome to Expat.com. It might be interesting if you open up a new discussion.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Varushen.

atj wrote:

Hi All,
I have a job in Copenhagen for four months for DKK 65,000 per month.  I know taxes are high and the cost of living is high.  Can you tell me if this is enough to live on?  I have no idea how much taxes will take out of this.  I will need to rent a 2 bedroom apartment.
Thank you,
atj

You should be fine... Its possible to find an apartment for around 5000 dkk a month. Its not a big budget, but can be done.

Hi friends am from Hyderabad in INDIA am also planing for move to denmark. can any one help me briefly describe about Denmark like cost of living, climate, earnings, jobs. plz inform to me on my mobile are email id   [email protected] cell no +91 9440744230.

Hello I'm Dr.suresh babu MS orthopedic surgeon, from INDIA , I would like to get a job in Denmark , if any one know can advise me how to get in to the process . Thanks in advance.

You may read this as a beginning.
http://www.en.auh.dk/job-and-career/wor … e-service/

/Nellie