New Regulations RE: Kuwaiti Driver's License?

Dear Expat Community:

A few days ago I posted a topic regarding Kuwait suspending the commercial visit visas temporarily.

Now I just heard from a friend of mine in Kuwait that there has been very recent regulation requiring an expat to have 2 years residence in Kuwait in order to be eligible for a Kuwaiti Driver's license.

1) Is this true?
2) Are there exceptions?
3) If it is true, and if it is true that an expat must obtain a Kuwaiti driver's license as soon as he is granted his Civil ID or risk being fined, then how is it possible to obtain Kuwaiti Driver's License if the 2 year requirement hasn't been met?

In other words, I predict that I will obtain my civil id within 8-9 months (from what I hear) after my entry into Kuwait. Once I have that civil id, my international driver's license will no longer be the proper license. Therefore, if the 2 years requirement hasn't been met, what are my options?

I haven't read anything online about this news, so please anyone who has information, please share.

Thank you again.

mon frere, worry not, for worrying brings premature wrinkles.

the current system of drivers licenses has a minimum salary requirement of 400KD, however, there is a list of professions that are omitted from that, being doctors, pharmacists, engineers, accountants, auditors etc.

minimally speaking, if you are a university graduate, fret not.

i havent heard about hte 2year residency thing.i dont thing it should be a problem for you.

Thanks Legacy and Ace117. The only reason I brought it up was because a trusted friend of mine in Kuwait just heard of this news. So if anything pops up, please let me know.

Best.

The two year rule is real and as legacy said there are a few professions who are exempt from it like engineers, accountants, teachers, doctors and few other professions I don't think I saw auditors in the list. I am a financial analyst and I'm very worried about this stupid rule, as I was told they are very strict and only make an exception for the professions that are exempt,  but I was assured by my company if my application is rejected they will use their influence to insure that I my application is approved.

zizo,nice to see you again.
so you using company transport or something.

i didnt knew about that rule because most of  people i know here who got their licence are here for more than 5 years.so none of them did occur this problem.