AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!

Hello! I'm desperately (I know so dramatic!) looking for a great place in Madrid where I can catch some American Football....well mostly the Chicago Bears games!! Any midwesterners out there??? Even Packer fans---we've got a huge game this Sunday and I need my people or at least my rivals...somebody!
Thank you kindly,

Maria

Hello, María!
I'm a Midwesterner, too, from Ohio, living/working in Madrid. Finding places to watch NFL Football in Madrid is next to impossible. I watch some of the games on Canal+ on TV at home, but the earliest Sunday game starts, as you know, at 7pm local Spain time and the next one is at 10pm and the last at 1am. In Spain, as you know, "Fútbol" rules. So if you're at a bar on a Sunday, you can be a fight would break out if you tried to have them change the channel. Plus, most bars are not equipped with/licensed to broadcast Canal+ anyway. Surely you can watch the game online, though, albeit in low video quality.

Best of luck!

Saludos,

I realize that it's been two years, but does anyone have any constructive info on this question?

Yes, I realize that futbol is the preferred sport in Spain. The question is whether there is a bar/hangout that play NFL football games. You can find a handful of bars in NYC that play soccer games, so the assumption would be that there would be at least one place in Madrid playing American Football on Sunday's.

Thanks,
John

I just went to the Dubliner and O'Connell Pubs in Sol today (Calle de Espoz y Mina, 7, 28012 Madrid, Spain) and they will be showing  an NFL game at 7pm and one game at 10pm. Also the James Joyce pub on Alcala (between the Plaza de Ciebles and Puerta de Alcala) will show two 7pm games and one 10pm game. Basically what ever Sky Sports are showing.  It would be nice to find a pub that had the NFL package because my Baltimore Ravens are not being shown on Sky Sports this week.

You're my hero, thanks. I'll be in town for Detroit at Carolina. Not holding out much hope of that one making it across the pond.

Thanks markyoung1.  I was looking for that exact information.  My Patriots are on but a friend was looking for the Redskins vs. Houston which is not on SkySports tomorrow.

Did you guys figure anything out yesterday? I'll be in town on the 14th and will try one of Mark's places (maybe James Joyce) unless I hear otherwise.

hi my name is Valentin. I am from Germany Bavaria and I am new in Madrid . it was always my dream to play Americn Football but this  is not very popular in munich but here in Madrid i think there could be some American football Clubs . now i play Rugby and i am 15 . it would be great if you can tell me were i can do this great sport ;)

Valentin

Countdown to Kickoff for Super Bowl XLIX   -   21 days 22 hours 01 min. 48 sec.

Yeehaaa!!!

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello to all NFL fans in Madrid,
We are a group of friends who gather every Sunday to enjoy football, to meet new friends and to share tips about living in Madrid.
Sunday nights are special. After a long week, we meet in our favorite bar where we relax and enjoy football with new 'amigos', cold 'cervezas' and yummy 'tapas'.
In Madrid (Spain), the Sunday Night Football starts at 19:00 PM.

Join our EXPAT event: Sunday Funday at NFL Madrid Bar

More info: nflmadrid.com

Has anyone been to this? The post seems more like an advertisement for the bar than an actual group of people.

Yes. I been there a lot of Sunday nights. It's a nice place where you can make new friends and languages exchange, too. My English improved a lot thanks to Americans at that bar. This is a pic we took some time ago..
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35463329_1935700073107907_82640612498604032_o.jpg

You can join us. We have a Facebook group "NFL Madrid".