Take the compound or housing allowance??

my husband has been offered a post in riyadh. he has been given the option to either live in a compound or take the allowance of 40k per year. i know being in a compound has loads of benefits but at the same time we'd like to buy furniture in riyadh and send it off home. we dont intend staying in riyadh for a very long time - maybe a year or two.
what would be our best option? take the compound or the allowance??
any advice would be appreciated! thanks in advance!

Take the compound, take the compound, take the compound.

You will be so much happier. You can have the compound furniture taken out and put your own in. If you are a new expat you will find a lot of support and friendship on a compound.
Once you have established a network of friends and get to know Riyadh, then it is time to live in a villa outside.

Best of luck !!:unsure

Take the Compound!!!!!!! or give to me cos my husband and i are battling to find one that suits our pocket:(
Tashriqah

TAKE THE COMPOUND!!

Take the Compound, its hassle free, has all utilities, amenities, and comforts, and gives you the much needed freedom you may not get in a private villa/apartment.

You don't have to wear an Abaya in a compound. You can be yourself. You can socialize, and make friends.  It's your western enclave in a foreign and strange place. It's a no-brainer.  Take the compound. You'll thank all of us later.

take the compound..this cud be the best deal for you as you can not find villa in a compound for just 40K.

I understand the part about 'freedom'. But at the same time we'd like to buy furniture and ship it off home. Bear in mind, we don't intend staying there long term -perhaps a year or two only.

anyone know anything about adwaa rabia's compound, riyadh?

Princess MA wrote:

I understand the part about 'freedom'. But at the same time we'd like to buy furniture and ship it off home. Bear in mind, we don't intend staying there long term -perhaps a year or two only.

I would still advice to take the compound. Its hassle free and you find it much easier to adjust to life in Riyadh. Your family will appreciate living in a compound compared with living off-compound.