Moving to Zurich in October,11

Hello Everybody,

I will be moving to Zurich this October. My office is in Zurich 8045 location. I would like to have an apartment either close to this place or well connected by public transport from that place.
I can afford approximately 1600 CHF per month. Any help related to finding flat in that place is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
A Sarkar.

Hi A Sarkar,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You may have a look at the Find an apartment in Switzerland article, there are some useful links that might help you in your search.

You may want to put an advert in the Zurich classifieds > accommodation section as well.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thanks Christine!

In addition to what Christine posted: www.immoscout.ch is the website for finding accomodation and checking out prices.

Public transport is excellent in Switzerland, and the area you are going to work is well attached to the rail network with the SZU (Uetlibergbahn). It may be worth to consider cheaper places to live than Zurich. For 1'600 CHF per month, it may be very difficult to find something in the 8045 area. Zurich accomodation can be ridiculously expensive.

Hope this helps,
Twan.

Not a very exciting news :(

Thanks for the information anyways!!!

Can you please suggest some places which is around 15-30 mins travel to 8045 area.

-Arindam.