Working in Tabuk/Al Jouf

I am due to leave for KSA next week, for either Al Youf or Tabuk.  Would like to hear if there are any South Africans working at universities there.  Have worked in many countries in the world but the move to KSA is the most radical I have undertaken.

my husband was also offered a position in either al jouf/tabuk. i believe the two are not very expat friendly and neither are their locations really good. we asked the agent for a post in riyadh and they gladly transferred us. we've been in riyadh before and loved it!

Hi

Many thanks for the feedback!  I am going to contact the agent immediately and request placement in a more western environment.

Regards

Andries

I'm Jamie.  I'm also traveling to teach English.  I actually requested Tabuk.  My son lives in Jordan.  I will be able to see my grand children more often. I'm from the US.

I finally arrived in Youf.  I had the option to stay in Riyadh but since compound accommodation is very expensive and hard to find, I figured that since I do not know the country at all, any place I go is going to be new.  I can do without the noise of the big city and prefer the relative isolation and conservative part of the Kingdom.

The countryside reminds me of Namibia, southern Africa, a country which I am very fond of.  One work week and then we have a break, giving me time to settle down.

I am really looking forward to the adventure!

I ended up in Buraydah at Quassim University. The students are wonderful.  We also will be having our break.  I will, God willing, be off to Jordan.
Take care.  I hope all is nice in Al-Jouf.

Are you settled Andries,are you alone or is your family here?Ek is hier vir 4 jaar in Saudi,bly in Jubail,sal graag wil weet hoe dit is om in jou omgewing te bly.
c

In English please Clasijuls!

Harmonie.:)

Sorry just asked him if he`s settled ,and that I  would love to get to know the area in saudi he will be living .

Sorry again Harmonie.

An ex colleague of mine from school, back in the 50's in Sri Lanka, who is now a consultant orthopaedic surgeon in California, is planning to take up an assignment as a Consultant Orthopaedist in Al Jouf by December 2011. I am sure "andrieso" may like to make contact with him when he arrives? he would also like to have some expat company during his short 6 month assignment there.

Musicman

I have just sent you a message.

Ciao

Andries

PIC u can get on google...