Kuwait Suspending Issuance of Commercial Visas

Greetings -

I read online that Kuwait has halted issuing Commercial visas to foreigners in an effort to curb the influx of expats into Kuwait.

I am currently working with my employer to obtain a commercial visit visa so that I can arrive in Kuwait in late October.

Has any one heard about this news and who exactly it affects? I fear that it may affect me and I would have to enter on a visitor visa.

Any insight would be helpful.

arabianbusiness.com/kuwait-visa-curbs-tip-of-iceberg-for-gulf-416213.html

Hi Shabasaba,
Yes, that is correct. Commercial visas have been halted until further notice, all employees in my company have been recently informed about this by HR that is how I know. Also I remember an earlier update stating that Visit visas will not be able to be converted to Work visas anymore. I think it will effect you unless the company that you're planning to work at is one of the biggest ones such as Alshaya, Alghanim, Kharafi etc. If not, your company will have to issue you an NOC which might delay your arrival here.

I hope this insight will be helpful.

Good luck with your new job and location

i have my fingers crossed on this topic or any comments by the government or any other political person.hope they dot do that ,they are very much dependent on expats.

wish you a good luck with your agent.

Thank you for the information. I will be contacting my employer again, although they said I should be fine. I will be working for a law firm, which means I hope they know how to work it out.

I spoke with my firm, and they told me not to be concerned. However, if anyone experiences anything related to this issue, please feel free to share it in this post.

wow,a law firm,then for sure no problem for you to be worried about.

for us american's without a visa 18 hurts us. we come here on a visa 14 commercial or tourist visa.. don't ask me why it's a tourist visa it just happens.. so now if we wanna go on our r&r they told us we can't because we might now be able to come back to the country.. NO BUENO!!