How much you need a month?

Could you please share how much you spend a month or how much one person (living alone without family) should expect to spend in Frankfurt for:
-food,
-public transport;
-taxi within city centre
-some going out, lets say once a week eating out, plus friday, saturday nights out at pubs or clubs
plus some other basic things like to buy stuff home etc,

I wonder how much money will i need for the living providing that rent, fees and flights home will be paid.

Thanks a lot in advance!

hi.Its depends on your earnings,you can spend money on monthly expenses and try to save in weekends parties.

Hi,

I would say minimum 500 Euros :/

Frankfurt is expensive :rolleyes:

Around €670/month is considered the absolute minimum needed to survive (for a single person), poverty level is around €850/month.

Hello -> To note that this thread is dated 2011. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I've got information about Frankfurt! Briliant! But what can you say about Wilhelmshaven!? I would like to know how much I need for living there(food, house payments etc.) Reply it on my e-mail please:  [email protected]

Hello Alisa ,

I'am moving to frankfurt and have asked many people about the
living cost , where lots of results was = to 600$ monthly
which is approximately 780$ ..

if you want details about the monthly expenses please let me know =) i can help as much as i can ..

See ya

Hi was wondering if any body could advice me on the cost of living for a family of 5 in Germany, 2 adults 3 children, taking into account, hosing, health and childcare coest , also driving insurance , thank you

How much money you need greatly depends on your lifestyle.
For basic daily living expenses, EUR600/month per person is a realistic number. This does not include rent (EUR500-3000/month depending on location, size, facilities), transport (having a car costs EUR100-1000/month depending on model, age, usage, etc., a monthly ticket for public transport costs EUR50-100 and kids below 6 ride for free), education (German public schools are free, public child care costs EUR200-300/month, international, English speaking schools/child care costs EUR1000-1500/month per child) as well as travel and other luxuries (the sky's the limit here).
Health care, tax and other compulsory payments are deducted at source and will take 30-50% of your salary. If you do not work, health insurance is EUR170-700/month depending on your other income.

A quick suggestion I thought of for you Natalie, maybe you want to EDIT and add in the ages of your children so anyone that can help you with estimates can know your if the children are in school, infants, teens, etc.

Sorry, I typed this prior to seeing an animator answered you with respect to most situations but remember the price within city limits versus out vary accordingly as in anywhere.

That is true: The more you post about your specific situation, the more accurate our answers can be. Let us also know where you plan to move, what kind of living arrangements you prefer, what your profession/income is, etc.

Hi thank u everybody for advice it is greatly appricated, my children are 7 , 3 and 1 n half, my husband will work full itme, I will hopefully find work part time, we will need at least a 3 bedroom property, and I believe the area to be damstraat or something similar lol, my eldest will go to school but I will also need childcare for the youngest two for the days I work, hoping to work 2 days per week, I am a new driver(4 month
)my insurance alone in uk is £140 per week, not included petrol, tax , mot, im just trying to get rough estimate of income/outcome figure before I make the decision thanx

Damstraat is Dutch (not German!) and means street along the dyke (?!?).
If it is Western Germany you are moving to, finding child care might be your biggest problem, especially for your youngest. Waiting lists tend to be very long (like, years!) and places for under-3-years-olds rare. The situation is better in formerly communist Eastern Germany.
For car insurance, there are far too many variables to give a good answer on a forum. Contact an insurer and get a quote for your specific situation and needs. But as a newbie, you might want to take the excellent public transport at first and only practice wrong-side-driving with a rental car on weekends.

Ho thank u beppi. i believe its is damstrart ?? i got mixed up, thnk you for advice

There's a place called Darmstadt, but that's not a major city.
Maybe you should check what your destination really is?

thank you, yes that is defo it ,thanx again