New to the forum- visa questions!!!

Hi all, I would like to introduce myself as a newbie that is completely excited and overwhelmed. I have a trip planned to visit Ecuador on October 6th. If all goes well I am hoping to come back to the US and tie up loose ends before relocating in Ecuador...My problem is the visa situation- totally scares me!!!

I am too young to retire and obviously will need to be able to work (or at least my husband will) and I am wondering if there is any way to get a visa that will allow us to work without investing $25,000 in a CD or home. I read somewhere that we could open a company for a work visa but I am not sure where I read this and if it is a resident or nonresident. Also dont know whether this requires the 25,000 being tied up.

I would prefer to live in Ecuador for a while before selling my home in the US (sentimental value)and do not have that much extra money lying around otherwise...Is what I am hoping to accomplish even possible? If I found a place to rent on my visit I would like to move forward but I really need more clear direction.

Surely I can't be the only person trying to figure out this situation and was hoping for others willing to share their experience with visas.
Any advise or suggestions would be very appreciated!!!!
Thanks!!!!!
Neverbjello

Hi and welcome to the forum Neverbjello!

Thanks for this introduction!
Here is an article that might help: Getting Visas in Ecuador

Regards
Armand

Hi Neverbjello,

You can get some xtra info at this article: Resident visas in Ecuador.

Visas are complicated because there is a lot of info moving around and some are out-of-date.

Also, there's another good article about visas but is in Spanish so I'm going to translate few parts for you.

VISAS FOR INMIGRANTS (art. 9, Ley de Extranjería):

9-I : RENTIST

9-II: INVESTOR IN VALUES, SHARES ETC FROM COMPANYS, REAL STATE.

9- III : INVESTOR IN AGRICULTURURE, FARMS, INDUSTRY, EXPORT COMERCE.

9-IV : LONG TERM HIRED WORKER, RELIGIOUS OR NEWS WORKER.

9-V : PROFESIONALS (UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA NEEDED FOR FOREINGS WISHING TO WORK IN HIS PROFESSION AS SELF EMPLOYES).

9-VI : AMPARO (TO GET FAMILIES TOGETHER).

You have to ask for a Visa in any Ecuadorian Consulate. Like a big exception you can ask for one, once you are in Ecuador but is difficult and complicated and is not granted.

Once you are in Ecuador with a Inmigrant Visa you can change your visa status.
Also, if you have a Inmigrant Visa of any kind, you can freely work in Ecuador without any other visa o procedure.

Hope it will be helpful.
Vinny

[Moderated: Wrong forum for advertising]