Asian side

Hey Guys

I am just about to move over to the Asian side of Istanbul, kadikoy area. Can anyone tell me what it is like there>> Are any other ex pts living in the same area??

Thanks!

Nicky

hello nicky =)
yes, there are expats living in the asian side. i have couple of friends there. and im 45 mins away. life is just fine. not costy. but there's nothing special too. u might get bored. i did lol

Oh no!!! Why bored?? Is it an option to live European side and commute or is it too far??

oh well, maybe it's just me.. i didnt really live there. but im going often. in the european side, there are lots of places to see. but in the asian side, no.
as far as i know, it's too hard to live in the european side and go to the asian side for work. but eh, u can spend ur weekends there whenever u get bored. it shouldn't be that much a problem. :)

hello nicky,
asian side  is beautiful part of istanbul especially Kadikoy side.
There is a street of Bagdat is long street like Champs Elysee you can find quit nice cafes,restaraunt and whatever you want.
House prices is cheaper than european side you cand find nicer house in asia side.
I suggest you to live in asia side always:)

Thank you :)

Kadıköy is good to live. Nowadays, there is fashion week.

Kadıköy is a modern, nice,active crowded district.

And there is a very famous bull )

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=kad%C4%B … 29,r:3,s:0

kadikoy is great. we live pendik, plenty to do, easy to get ferrys,

Thank you :)

Hey Nicky

I have just moved to Istanbul a month ago and am living and working in the Kadikoy area. I am really enjoying it here and there are a number of expats in the area. There are at least 10 in my apartment block.
It isn't that far to the European side as I go over a few times a week, just avoid rush hour traffic and it's no big deal.
It is very Westernised on this side but definitely not as much English is spoken which is quite cool if you wanna learn Turkish.

Where abouts will you be working?

Anna

nickydreamsofturkey will you work as a teacher?

Hi! Asian side is a nice place, more peaceful then european side :) , not much place to go but u can spend ur weekends in European side, if ul be working in Suadiye better for u to live in this side coz of traffic jam in Istanbul. Ive been living here for more than 3 years and a lot of expats here, ul surely love it. ! Enjoy!

Thank you for your message Ganda! I will actually be working in kadkoy now as well as living there but its not far hey?? Hopefully we can arrange a meet up with all the ex pats to get to know each other :)