Call to translators

Hi,

I can easily add languages to the website, unfortunately I only speak English, Spanish and French ...

The main pages to translate:
https://www.expat.com/   the presentation page
https://www.expat.com/en/directory/  the blog page

I also need a translated list of geographical zones/countries for the directory...

Thank you in advance for your help,

Julien

But in which language do you want a translation ?
(that's a quite stupid question because I just can offer my help in norwegian which is probably not really interesting ;) )

In as much languages as possible ;)

The community should be open to everybody, without any language barrier... The question is: do norwegian expatriates maintain their blog in their mother tongue or in English?

I have to write a document about the translations, I'll post it here.

How about kébékwé ? :P

Kicou wrote:

How about kébékwé ? :P

Tabarnak! :lol:

Julien wrote:

In as much languages as possible ;)

The community should be open to everybody, without any language barrier... The question is: do norwegian expatriates maintain their blog in their mother tongue or in English?

I have to write a document about the translations, I'll post it here.

Anyway, everybody in Norway speak english fluently. :)

Hey  les expatriés quebecois !
Est ce que vous auriez un site à me montrer sur les meilleurs expressions quebecoises ? Ou un espece de dictionnaire ?

Non parce que j'ai lu un bouquin quebecois l'année derniere et y a plein d'expressions qui me laissait perplexe (Criss ???)

Hi,

I think the first step would be to create one special place in this forum for each language. This way it will be much easier to share informations.

Tonight I have created a special place for spanish speaking expats and french speaking expats. Unfortunately I only speak 3 languages. Can you help me to deal with other languages?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Julien

Czech for example? :D

Yes exactly!

I'd like to create a forum like this one: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=60

I need the name of the forum, a short message that says "discussions in Czech", and a welcome message in Czech...

Can you help me?

I can, no probs, just let me know what you need and I'll try to help you in CZ translation :cool: The point is, how are you going to moderate the topics if you do not understand what is all about? :/

I've sent you an email :)

Aurelie wrote:

But in which language do you want a translation ?
(that's a quite stupid question because I just can offer my help in norwegian which is probably not really interesting ;) )

Norwegian is interesting, Aurélie! :)

BTW, I wonder if there are many Norwegians living far away from home... ?

It is really ? ;)

There are many norwegians who live in a foreign country, but yes many of 4,5 millions are not so much :). It's funny because girls choose to move in country like France or Italia, Spania, ... (romantic) . And men move mostly to USA, Australia, ... (buisness, party) .
There are more norwegian girls in France than boys, and so there are mostly french guy in Norway because they meet a norwegian woman in France. (I'm not sur I'm clear ?)

Hey, I speak Russian, but do you have the letters?:lol:

Meet other expats and join the events

OR