Moving to Lisbon, looking to meet new people!

Hello! My name is Kristy, and I will be moving to Lisbon, Portugal next week for a Fulbright Fellowship. I will be teaching English at ISCTE-IUL. I don't know anyone, and am looking to meet new people and connect with others, both locals and ex-pats. My Portuguese is basic, but want to keep improving! I love to run, swim, bike, play guitar, and learn about the culture and see new places! What are some good places to meet others as a newcomer to town? Please let me know if you might be interested in meeting up!

I'm moving to Lisbon next week too. Just sent you a pm. I'd love to meet some people, since I don't know anyone either.

Hello ,
i have already moved to portugal since 28 february
so  far couldnŽt manage to make new friends (the language is a bigger problem than i thought it might be)
i thought the portuuse classes could be a good start, but dang my class mates are waaaaay older than me.
there are some realy nice places to go here , but itŽs not funny to go there and talk to yourself.
iŽm looking to meet new people , share activities , know more about other cultures
let me know if you are interested in meeting up

Mac

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

Hi everyone,

I'm in Lisbon since a little while, have few friends and know some places to go out. Shall we try to meet for a coffee one of this afternoon and try to find out what we can do in this nice city?

So I am here since last month I am really interested in meet new people. i am Brazilian and had lived in Dublin for 3 years b4 come in here... Looking forward to hearing abt anyone and arrange to go somewhere.. dunno much in here.

Tatiana

soo lets organise this meet up soon.
When, where, wat time?? looking forward!!

cheers

Tatiana

I am totally in...really love to meet you all, lets fix a date for a meeting..how about that?

Sounds great to me
Count me in too :)

Did any of you meet up ? if not yet how about tomorrow sunday the 18th around 3ish at Mexicana in Praça de Londres, or other cafe that is large enough?

hey
i am working in lisbon and i have been here for some time now, so if you like we can meet and have some fun

kristenmichelle78 wrote:

Hello! My name is Kristy, and I will be moving to Lisbon, Portugal next week for a Fulbright Fellowship. I will be teaching English at ISCTE-IUL. I don't know anyone, and am looking to meet new people and connect with others, both locals and ex-pats. My Portuguese is basic, but want to keep improving! I love to run, swim, bike, play guitar, and learn about the culture and see new places! What are some good places to meet others as a newcomer to town? Please let me know if you might be interested in meeting up!

Hi,

I will move to Lisbon in March and would like to meet some new people. I've got family there and know Lisbon quite a bit + my cousin works at Lux Fragil, the best club in Portugal :) So if anyone is interested in hanging out and partying a bit from time to time...contact me

I speak german, portuguese, english and bit of french.

Hi guys,
first of all let me welcome you to Portugal, hope yu enjoy your stay xD
then uh ... we should definitivly hangout sometime, hopefully soon, as for me I'm  a local in cascais its near lisbon so call me whenever you feel like doing it

Hell Everybody,

This is a little off topic, please forgive me. Does anybody know the best websites to look for part-time Business English teaching in the Lisbon area?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Louis

Hi Louis and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to start a new thread on Lisbon forum as you are off topic on this one.;)

You may also post an advert in the section Jobs in Lisbon.

Good Luck,
Harmonie.

Hello.
I m half portuguese and living here in Lisbon for just one year. I m looking for people to practice my english and eventualy discover the city. see ya

truesweet12 wrote:

Hello dear
to be honest with you my name is miss favour i saw your profile and became interested to know more about you i have a special reason of contacting you, if you do not mind Please contact me through my email address( [email protected]) so that i can send you more details about myself with my pictures thank you

Please be informed that this forum is not a dating site.  Go elsewhere.