Hello From England-- need adivce residency/Job

Hello

I am married to a Moroccan woman, I am told to stay longer than my 3 month allowance I need to apply for a residence card at the local police station. However to get this card I need employment, and If I was to get employment first they want the residence card first! which way round is it? or can I get one anyway because I am married to a moroccan wife?

Also does anyone have a list of english companies in Rabat/FES/Meknes Area?

Kind regards

Hakim

Hi Hakim,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Morocco classifieds > job section.

It might help you to find a job.

I wish you good luck in your search,
Christine

Thanks Christine

You can get a resident card as you're married to a moroccan woman, provided this wedding has been made with an adoul. In onther words, it takes you a moroccan wedding act to prove you're married under the morrocan law.

Thus, due to this special situation, you will beneficiate from a light procedure as far as foreigners employment is concerned. You just need to proove your diplomas, bring you CV and fill a form. There is no need to get through the ANAPEC standard procedure.

hi there,
yes hakim , you are so eligible for a residency card once you decide to getg your act together by having your wife filing that petition for you to support your claim in order to become a resident and have the right to live and work in morocco otherwise you'll have to go out the country every 3 months to renew your touristic period of your legal stay ...let me know if you haved any questions , i'll be gald to help as i locate out in casablanca for now... , have a good one , bye bro

Thank you so much for the replies,

Yes my Marriage was done with an Adoul, just come back from morocco again amazing Eid experience. Dont fancy going in and our of the country every 3 months. I will be going back in February so I will apply for my residence card at local police station.

Thanks again for your kind responses

Also if anyone knows of any english speaking companies that they could give me info for? my e-mail address is [email protected] I am currently learning arab but it will take me time :)

As per English speaking companies, have you been checking out the American Chamber of Commerce in Morocco website ? I don't know about UK, but the US have lots of companies around Casablanca ;)

i think you have to aply for casablanca cause good salary!in rabat there are international firms but in technopolis near sale,but there are some call centers such as axa ..but maybe must speak french,for american firm there are some,but what you studied ,you are moroccan or arabic?

(moderated: pls post in classifieds)