Good areas to live in Athens?

HI,

I am considering to move to Athens from Thessaly.

Life is good here but it is very difficult to find a job as an expat. In addition, I am terribly missing city life.

My friend told me that Kiffisia, Glyfada and Kolonaki are good. Are there any other good areas to live?

Porto Rafti is also very nice to live!!(moderated: no free ads please) especially for rentals.The quality of living here is high if you like to watch the sea all day long!...

I'v been there once. It was a beautiful place with an amazing view. I will definitely take a serious look at the area.

Many thanks. : )

take a look at homearth agency if you go there.They helped me find my property.

Kiffisia, Glyfada and Kolonaki are good areas but very expensive...try to find a flat in galatsi or xalandri area...

Hi,  Vagelis_gr.

I will bear your suggestion in mind.
Thank you for your advice. :)

If you prefer the northern suburbs of Attica, Maroussi area is a good idea. Next to Kifissia and close to the metro station.

jade0220 wrote:

HI,

I am considering to move to Athens from Thessaly.

Life is good here but it is very difficult to find a job as an expat. In addition, I am terribly missing city life.

My friend told me that Kiffisia, Glyfada and Kolonaki are good. Are there any other good areas to live?

I've been visiting Greece for two months,staying near Keratea.Went to Athens & Glyfada,Sounio,Porto Rafti etc.I really do dislike Athens,so I would definately say take their advice and go for the sea in preference.There isn't much happening in Athens with the riots and they're escalating again now!Every year on 17 Nov this accurs,so imagine it ontop of the troubles they've been having!!I did love Volos & Ioannina.So easy to walk in the Pindos.Many places to see & great for tourism too!You'll find the people amazingly friendly.

or if u want something really in the center but not that expensive u could try -kaisariani- . it's mostly a family area (because of the park) but it's next to the center. and also u can choose to from the "south" bordering with the municipality of athens or to the "north" which is bordering the mountain. i've lived there a couple of years and it's a really convenient area .

dear mountaingirlee,

i'm sure u saw a lot when travellin in greece but ur idea of athens is not very accurate. yes there are riots occasionally but in a very specific area, near syntagma while a metro stop away i was havin coffee with my friends...an also don't know what u saw in athens but it's such a lively city an u can do anythin u want at all times..maybe next time u r here athenians could take u out, riots no riots, to show u the real athens..
as for the areas i agree, depends what u prefer, in the centre i'd say kaissariani, near the centre maroussi-kifissia r good an u can take the metro to get to the centre, xalandri is quality too, very central in the northern suburbs an quite close to athens centre, best of luck,

lina

i think that Kifisia is one of the best areas in Greece that you can live....