Senior living in Alexandria

Senior Muslim woman relocating to Alexandria.  Have some questions:

1.  Is it possible to live off of $1750/mo USD in Alexandria.

2.  How do u go about purchasing an apartment or country house

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

1750$=10500 egyptian pounds which is so big budjet even good entire families could leave with that  amount does i get u right

dont hesitate to ask me

to get it a hflat it depends but u can get from 200 k to 500 k

Le

Shukran Bangora:  yes u understood me correctly.  My retirement monies comes to about that a little more or less.  I don't want to live fancy, inshallah, just comfortable and attend school and work in a social service aspect for 2 days a week and/or volunteer.  I am retiring to Alexandria, inshallah.  Also, I understand there is a problem with getting visa extensions.  Can u explain this to me.

Shakera

Hello Shakera ! With 1750$ / per month you will be living extremely well, you do not need to worry absolutely at all. You will not spend this amount of money per month if you will live normally . If you will eat everyday in restaurant, take taxis everyday on long distance,buy expensive clothes or gold ..ok , maybe you will spend them. I will give u few example of prices : 1kg of frozen chicken is 17-19 le , white cheese 22 le/ kg , cedar cheese 36 le / kg , 1 egg 0.70 le , 1 l of oil starting 9 le , normal flat bread from the national oven 20 bread 1 le , or private bakery with better quality 1 bread 0,50 le . Today the kilo of tomatoes were 3 le / kg , very good ones and guavas between 2-4 le / kg. And I can give you more info if you still need more !

Sure you can buy a flat here and the range starts somewhere around 200.000 le till maybe 2 millions le. I don't know the conditions for a house or how much it can be. I am living in apartment. The procedures of buying a flat as a foreigner are simple , any lawyer will do fine. I live in area Miami and I am pleased with the conditions, not fancy but not poor either. In my building and surrounding  the flats are 200.000 le to 350.000 le with the sea view. About the visa you will be able to extend only in few conditions. If you are married to Egyptian,  if you will have a work contract or if you will have any children that go to school in Egypt. There is another possibilities but are rather expensive : if you have a business ( the amount of money if big and I do not remember exactly ) or if you own a property with it's value also very high ( sorry I do not remember the numbers either). I hope the info is helpful !Do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else !

ladyiulia wrote:

Hello Shakera ! With 1750$ / per month you will be living extremely well, you do not need to worry absolutely at all. You will not spend this amount of money per month if you will live normally . If you will eat everyday in restaurant, take taxis everyday on long distance,buy expensive clothes or gold ..ok , maybe you will spend them. I will give u few example of prices : 1kg of frozen chicken is 17-19 le , white cheese 22 le/ kg , cedar cheese 36 le / kg , 1 egg 0.70 le , 1 l of oil starting 9 le , normal flat bread from the national oven 20 bread 1 le , or private bakery with better quality 1 bread 0,50 le . Today the kilo of tomatoes were 3 le / kg , very good ones and guavas between 2-4 le / kg. And I can give you more info if you still need more !

Sure you can buy a flat here and the range starts somewhere around 200.000 le till maybe 2 millions le. I don't know the conditions for a house or how much it can be. I am living in apartment. The procedures of buying a flat as a foreigner are simple , any lawyer will do fine. I live in area Miami and I am pleased with the conditions, not fancy but not poor either. In my building and surrounding  the flats are 200.000 le to 350.000 le with the sea view. About the visa you will be able to extend only in few conditions. If you are married to Egyptian,  if you will have a work contract or if you will have any children that go to school in Egypt. There is another possibilities but are rather expensive : if you have a business ( the amount of money if big and I do not remember exactly ) or if you own a property with it's value also very high ( sorry I do not remember the numbers either). I hope the info is helpful !Do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else !

I am amazed by how much useful information, thanks bro

You are all very welcome ! I am just sorry Shakera is not replying , maybe she changed her mind or maybe she is already here in Alexandria. I would like to help her more if she needs help. I am living in Alexandria for about 5 years , I think I saw and know almost everything. And Malsi , I am sis :shy ! Have a great day !

maybe you can change your profile picture (or choose to be a woman) in your profile.

Thank you for your notification !

Jack78 wrote:

U might be living a very good life with 1750 $ per month...
And i think that the average expense would be like 220 k to 650K...
But there might also be a cheaper ones... But i think that the nursing facilities an the care would obviously be comparatively less....:)

Sorry for disturbing you,but the first post (inquiry) was dated 2011-09-13.
have a nice day