Thinking of relocation to Salvador, Brazil

Hi All

I am thinking of relocating to Salvador, Brazil with my brazilian boyfriend. I am wondering are there any other Irish people out there who have moved to that area?? There seems to be a lot in Rio or Sao Paulo but can't find any in Salvador..Thanks for your help :)

Hello, I stayed in Salvador a few months ago and there was a really cool Irish bartender who was living there.  His name was Neil and he worked for Hostel Cobreu in Pelourinho (Ladeira do Carmo; next to the staircase).

I haven't met any Irish people so far, but it's really easy to make friends here. The Porto do Salvador hostel in Barra is a great place to hang out and meet travelers or other foreigners who are looking to live in the area. I live in an apartment but I hang out there all the time.

Hey guys, i'm just wondering if you have any information about working in Bahia and how to get a work permit?
I'm irish and moving there in 2 months with my brasilian boyfriend too but were trying to get info on how to stay there to work and live for a decent amount of time, not just 90 days with a tourist visa!!??
Any help would be great, thanksss !!