Need info about Mui Ne

Hi all,
i am planning to visit Mui Ne in nov. i have gone through several resources about Mui Ne and i am a little confused.
1. i'll travel by train. so, how to reach the Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street of Mui Ne from the Phan Thiet railway station? is there any city bus or i must take a taxi? approx. how far will be the distance?
2. there are several hotels ranging from backpackers to luxury. can anybody share personal experience about a suitable hotel for family? i heard that sometimes the information on the web doesnt match with the reality.
3. i am also planning to visit the 'Takou Mountain' to see the reclining Buddha. if i rent a jeep for half-a-day, how much will be the rent?

Hi Vicci,

I just got back from Mui Ne for the september weekend and I stayed in a lovely place.  It was called Hoang Kim Golden.

hoangkim-golden.com

We had this little bamboo bungalo which was cleaned every day as soon as we went for breakfast.  Nice wee hammock outside and although the pool was small, it was nice.  The breakfast was nice too.  We stupidly went by bus from D1 and it took aaages. I would definitely get the train there next time.

Hope that helps! :)

Hey there
I dont remember exactly how far is it from the Phan Thiet railway station to the Mui Ne. But i think it is about 25km. And it will take more than 30minutes by taxi.

I think you should go to Mui Ne/ Phan Thiet by a bus. If you go by bus, you will have more options for your trip than by train. And its better than a railway. You can take a bus from Pham Ngu Lao district, Ho Chi Minh city. There are some very good bus travel company like: The Sinh tourist, Phuong Trang, Mai Linh...

About hotel, normally, i just stay at some resorts. I think in Mui Ne, they have more resorts than hotel. You can have a look at some resorts below:

Sai Gon - Mui Ne resort.
agoda.vn/asia/vietnam/phan_thiet/saigon_mui_ne_resort.html

seahorseresortvn.com/index.php?aid=15&i=&cat=&id=8&lang=3

pandanusresort.com/location.html

I think these resorts had put the real informations in their website.

Hope it can help you

Hi,
From Phan Thiet to Mui Ne, there are about 20km.
The easiest way to get there is by taxi.
I kow that some busses are going from Phan Thiet to Mui Ne, but I am not sure if they pass by the train station.

To find a hotel, you can check-out this site (my personal creation) allaboutmuine.com -AllAboutMuine. I have tested or visited all of the hotels from low range and mid-range and I believe that the description in AllAboutMuine.com is correct.

To visit the Takou Mountain, I would recommend you to use a normal car. It takes about one hour drive to get there is a standard car. You can ask the driver to use the road along the coast instead of the highway to get there (the choice of the road is happening in Phan Thiet). But anway, you will have to go through a few kilometers by the N1. I cannot remember the cost for the rent, but any tourist agency in nguyen dinh chieu has about the same price... If you want to feel save, you can use the one from Sinh Cafe (close to Sankara).

I hope this can help.

Enjoy your trip!

vicci0606 wrote:

Hi all,
i am planning to visit Mui Ne in nov. i have gone through several resources about Mui Ne and i am a little confused.
1. i'll travel by train. so, how to reach the Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street of Mui Ne from the Phan Thiet railway station? is there any city bus or i must take a taxi? approx. how far will be the distance?
2. there are several hotels ranging from backpackers to luxury. can anybody share personal experience about a suitable hotel for family? i heard that sometimes the information on the web doesnt match with the reality.
3. i am also planning to visit the 'Takou Mountain' to see the reclining Buddha. if i rent a jeep for half-a-day, how much will be the rent?

Hey vicci

Any qs u need to no about mui ne i am ur man , i lived there for 6 months of this year..

number 1 why do u travel bye train?? if u take a bus it will leave u at your hotel in mui ne nguyen dinh chieu. If you travel bye train it will tke u to pan thiet whitch is 22 kilometers from mui ne. then u need to take a taxi which will cost u 200,000 vnd or u can take a bus in phan thiet for 10,000vnd but the train station is a 10min walk from the bus area.. depending what u want in mui for accomadation u can get a room for 6 dollars basic... or a hotel for 20plus i no all the accommodation there so feel free to ask me...  takou mountain is beautiful i really recommend it, so u hve 3 choices  to get there,, its a a little over a 1 hour drive so u can either rent a motor bike and drive... 6 dollars a day rental. or u can hire a jeap not sure how many will be with u but if its ussually on the number of ppl going, for example 3 going 25dollrs for the day trip 4 going 30 and so on... there are also buses going there threw companys but if there is more than 2 of u the jeap will be the chepest and the most exciting........cosider also on ur way bak from takou mountain get dropped off at kegar beach absolutely beautiful watching the sunset near to 5pm that will defiantly be the highlight of that day trip

muinebeach.net