Masquerade ball

Hi!

I'm hosting a charity masquerade ball this autumn, and I would love some input from those of you coming from countries where this is a bit more common than in Sweden. Whenever I host a party with a dress code (any at all) people start fidgeting a little and some will say that they're not comfortable in anything but their own clothes (usually meaning jeans or typical bank attire). They're also hopeless about rsvp:ing in time and don't quite put as much extra value as I do in the fact that the event is for charity. Is this a typical Swedish phenomenon? After all we have no tradition of this sort of thing, as the high taxes make a lot of people think that the governement should take care of... well, everything.

Oh, and of course you're all invited :)

facebook.com/event.php?eid=225100850836991#!/event.php?eid=225100850836991

/Louise

Welcome to Expat.com Louise!

Harmonie.:)

Oh, that sounds so fun!!! I wish I could make it to this. I was planning to visit Stockholm for New Year's Eve and I was wondering if there would be any kind of costume parties planned in addition to the usual New Year's Eve festivities!

As for ideas to get your fellow Swedes to join along in the fun, have you thought about posting video clips? Sometimes it's how you advertise... and how much you advertise.

Anyway, good luck with your event! I hope there's lots to do when I get there at the end of the year.