Moving to Denmark! to discourage or encourage!

Well, this is not a question but a kind of contribution. I went through this forum about living in Denmark and I found out that most people who contribute or answer people's question are more of discouraging than assisting or encouraging.
For sure there is no place on earth that  is quite easier to live especially for foriegners. Some people find it even more difficult to live in their home countries. and in this case they prefer moving abroad and sometimes foriegn land makes it "better" for them.
Therefore, we should refrain from discouraging people who try to move to another country.
This is not say that we should tell them only "sweet" or good things. Every country have what makes them good and not always bad.
I understand that moving to a new place in search of better life is not always easy and need alot of patient and hardwork to survive.
I want to see people who encourage rather than discourage in this forum. You can balance whatever you want to say in this forum. so that people will know exactly how to tighten their belt.
Of course, you have to be honest too. Dont tell people that this country is full of goodies.
when someone move to a new country that doesnt speak his or her language the first thing is to get integrated with this people and learn their language and custom. And if this country is not a racist country you are sure to make success with hardwork.
Dont be illegal in a country and try to know what is your right!
I wish you all the best and Good luck!

I am not going to encourage people to live in Denmark.  But I would support people who have already made the choice to.

BABSINDK wrote:

I am not going to encourage people to live in Denmark.  But I would support people who have already made the choice to.

Why will you not encourage anyone to live in Denmark? do you think there are countries that immigrants wont experience problems?

Having a negative experience or two and posting that on a forum then that is "honest". You cannot expect someone who finds it unpleasant here to end every forum post with "of course, you might find it entirely to your tastes and besides, no country is perfect".

Any wouldbe immigrant to Denmark is not going to listen anyway. They will assume that they will find it entirely to their tastes and besides, no country is perfect. I know I thought that when I read a book called "Culture Shock: Denmark" which might as well have been subtitled "Oh my God, don't do it!"

Hi Koded,

I agree with you to some extent. To paint an unrealistic picture either way is irresponsible. But most people are trying to "warn" the bad. Mostly, I assume that the press as well as danish websites have a hardsell approach. So I try to balance it with warnings of the down side.

People who post questions in here are asking for opinions. Opinions are based on personal observations and experiences. So it is hard not to warn.

I think it is OK to tell the bad and good side as we wish, as long as we also share what works/ best practices.

And by the way, I felt a little offended when you say that all countries are tough for foreigners. It somehow underminds the effort other foreigners put in to integrate. Denmark is relatively NOT a foreigner friendly country. Relative to Canada, Australia, the US, China.

It is probably just easier for you because Sweden and Denmark are similar and used to be the same country. Do not assume it is as easy for other foreigners as Scandinavians moving within the Nordic.