Why don't people here leav other people alone? In PEACE?

Especially in malls. I've seen families walking together or girls having fun shopping with some hooligans chasing them asking them to take their number and after the girl makes it clear that she's not interested, boys keep badgering her and annoying her until the girl gets mad and screams in their faces to **** off. AND STILL they keep following them. I've seen this in salmiya souk, shaab, marina, and mostly in avenues. I'm not saying everyone, but from what I've seen, most of them go out on weekends with the intention to cause some problems or annoy people (girls) who go out just to have fun and keep to themselves. WTF?? Like Seriously WTF!!!?? it just makes me mad! :S

even i get angry at the sane situation.They are just too annoying.

yea but why!? Why do they do that!!

I have no idea wtf is up with this crap. It is seriously, seriously, embarrassing to go out with liberal female friends, because it quickly turns into a circus.

In my opinion, the reason it's done that way is that they think it works! The more I think about this, the more it makes me question my presence here.

On another note, dudes still stare at other dudes all the f'n time. I'm not exactly sure what the reason is, but it sure makes me feel uncomfortable at the gym, mall, beach, etc.... I can't even begin to imagine how women deal with this crap.

Not everyone is like that. And it seems you are busy looking at people looking at you, dont mind people and they wont mind you I guess.

I think all of this happens in specific places as well. Malls and places where boys hit on girls and girls hit on boys.

moe29 wrote:

Not everyone is like that. And it seems you are busy looking at people looking at you, dont mind people and they wont mind you I guess.

I think all of this happens in specific places as well. Malls and places where boys hit on girls and girls hit on boys.

So many wrong statements, I'll comment on one of them.

Don't make me laugh! Sure there are places where this doesn't happens, but the obnoxiousness is more the norm than "in specific places."

heres the thing, in this part of the world, people look at anything that is "out of the ordinary", and unfortunately, u cannot discern what is ordinary and what is not to some people. for some it might be a guy with long hair, i find myself staring at guys with anime-style haircuts wondering how long they spent waxing and gelling and moussing that monstrosity. i find it very comical.

segregated schools; hence, any guy who sees a woman wearing anything remotely revealing will immediately start drooling all over her. worse, at times the girl is covered up, and yet they still go on with the drooling.

theres nothing u can do about it, u cannot satisfy everyone in the world, if u dress up people sneer at u, if u dress down they look down at u.

until such time that chivalry returns to the state of kuwait, nothing will change. guys in the streets adopt a gang-mentality, if one of them is wrong, they are all wrong, and yet not one voices reason.

yes, at times it is difficult to ignore people staring at u, but that is the only thing u can do. what other option do u have? lecture them on freedom of expression, dress etc? on open-mindedness? the more attention u pay these individuals, the worse off u are. u cant intimidate them, u cant scare them.

my opinion, honestly? Kuwait needs vigilantes. heroes, walking around in masks and costumes, making sure these "perverts" get their comeuppance.

lol, did u not read about how a batch of female cops on duty, whose job is to prevent hecklers and starers etc. were chased and hit on by guys in a car? or worse, beaten up by a trany?

a much belated welcome-to-kuwait is in order.

it is common in most of the places where you may find teens or youth people.they really want attention and want to impress others and the opposite sex.i watch these guys and feel like carrying out a research on them,how they think and get attracted.and same goes for girls too who wear certain type of clothing and the way they walk and try to gain attention.i feel there is a hidden mystery in kuwait about this.

Hi there
so true, I am back home in Australia.
Freakish, where are you from?
I was living in Madan Hawally in disgusting accomodation they provided and I never felt safe.
I'd say Fahaheel is by far a superior area because westerners show more respect towards woman.
Do you like kuwait?
Joanne

I don't think I made any statements except for my first sentence :)

I just think that people, specially the youngsters and the places where they hang out is where most of starring and sniffing happens. In general it should be great for you if you live your life doing what you do within the accepted social and cultural norms without paying attention to people. It should make you happier I guess :)

As far as safety is concerned I don't have any statistics but I think Kuwait is pretty safe considering the number of crimes (rape, molesting, etc) compared to other countries.

Unfortunately yes there is corruption, unbehaving immoral individuals but this is everywhere in the world I guess. Most important thing is to be as good as you can, treat people like how you love to be treated. =)

Have a great week with hopefully very minimum starring.

To be honest I don't go to malls, coffee shops or anywhere packed with people specially on weekends, this is usually where you find lots fools, few wise =)

MOE 29, where do you live man? not in kuwait in general woman feel scrared in kuwait. read the papers there is attempted abduction,rape,molesting almost everyday.

joannne wrote:

Hi there
so true, I am back home in Australia.
Freakish, where are you from?
I was living in Madan Hawally in disgusting accomodation they provided and I never felt safe.
I'd say Fahaheel is by far a superior area because westerners show more respect towards woman.
Do you like kuwait?
Joanne

I'm from Bahrain/Kuwait n living in a friendly neighborhood in Salwa (block 11). I do like kuwait. I LOVE it actually, There are Amazing shopping malls here and cafes n people are actually very friendly n hospitable (In Bahrain too, but I like kuwait better) and keep to themselves, but it'll be a better place without these (moderated) teens stinkin up the place. :S

saint, I live in Kuwait and it seems you were living in Jamaica so you tell me which has more rape cases, molesting, drugs, etc. I have no idea so I hope you can tell me

when you say "in general women feel scared in Kuwait" that is a mass generalisation, u r looking at the exceptions and not the norm.

no, not all women feel scared in Kuwait, did u know that if a woman files a case against a man accusing them of lewd or indecent behavior, that the penalty is either KD1,000 or 6 months in jail?

unfortunately, what u said is true, and yes, rapes do happen in Kuwait, but name me one country where it doesnt happen. or attempted abduction or molestation for that matter.

if there is one thing u can point a finger of blame at Kuwait and be 100% correct in, it is the abuse of menial workers. that is the dilemma in Kuwait. Rape and its constituents happen all over the world, and there are court rooms in Kuwait.

No matter where u go, harassment will be apparent. Do u mean to say people elsewhere in the world do not whistle as a cute girl passes by or even attempt to grab her? if so then u are thoroughly mistaken.

respecting women has to be made a top priority; it is difficult here with segregated schooling, and as u can see, the pent up frustration of the youths manifests itself in the most disgusting of ways.

but what you are seeing is not limited to Kuwait alone.

so either close your eyes or do something about it.

legacy and moe29...nice comments there... Atleast for some arabic they will just follow and follow...but worst if Pinay....well I can't help it also becoz if not some/most Pinay here are really haram...hate those people that no matter how appropriate u dress still they will harass u...
I learned how to curse and throw bad words here in kuwait....hayyyyyy.....

wow! you're talking about my life here in Kuwait! lol. I'm a filipina, been harassed on busses, bumped into on purpose, literally cupped my breast, spit at (lucky, we were quick enough to close taxi window- or it would have been a really foul smelling day), blocked my path, being stared at was the mildest so far..all these happened during our first 3months in Kuwait)And we go in groups 4-5 of us, whoever said there's safety in numbers haven't been to Kuwait yet. Maybe my group of friends have "Cheap Ladies for Fun" written on our foreheads that we're not aware of. It took me over a year to really try and go places on my own, I hate to be dependent on my friends, to synchronize our schedule so we can go and shop together, even taking taxis are not safe.
The technique is not to look them in the eye,  show them through your actions that you know what they're trying to attempt, and just stop if one of them will block your path, put your arm forward to sort of show them you're aware what they're thinking,and if they're following behind, look back and just let them pass. When you're in malls look for someone Arab working there,a security maybe, tell him someone's following you. My best advice is be aware of your sorroundings, and the people around. I see no point in screaming or cursing after they've harassed you, just so pointless they'll only laugh, it's all entertainment for them.
The first time I dared to get on a bus from Fahaheel to Kuwait City on my own was soooooo liberating and I never let these shallow, stupid, inexperienced shababs -or the fear of them, restrict myself from going places and doings on my own, by myself.

well said Tin

legacy wrote:

well said Tin

Thank you legacy