What are some creative ways of getting Mauritian work/resident visa?

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for your help. As my life experience in Mauritius becomes more encompasing, I look forward to helping others with their mind bugging questions.

I have done some research via web and ringing Ministries to find all the options for getting a work visa. I have an offer of employment from a small but powerful Sustainable Consultant firm. This would be my first professional job and as  such I would like to volunteer with them for a while, a 'trial' time if you like for both of parties involved.Do you know if I am able to do voluntary work on a tourist visa? 

And for longer term solution.....The option of salary/contract of minimum 45000 MR monthly (through BOI) and 35000 MR monthly salary ( plus return ticket, and statutory deposit ) through Ministry of Labour, does not seem that attractive as realistically I would work on 'project to project base', rather than set salary. So what other ways are there? Could I get a residence permit (with the right to work) if I prove that I have contacts here and enough money to cover basic living costs? Or how about an option of INternship? Right to work but for much less money on monthly level?

Thanks a bunch!
Maja

Hi, First congrats, you need to tell the employer to do the necessary for you since lots of company hire foreign workers and if you have some luck sure you will be selected.

Thx

Creative way to get a work permit?  Present a creative business!