Golf with a view

Terrible golfer (20 GHIN), but love the exercise and fresh air it affords. Local joke is that my game is more like "Lawn Vandalism" but that I offer free seminars in Military-grade Profanity (RVN 68-69).

Retired water treatment lab director but still run a very active biz on the Internet (water treatment consulting and products), so high-speed Internet connectivity is a must.

My criteria: multiple affordable golf courses nearby, high-speed Internet, beer. Not interested in an area where there is only one golf course, no matter how nice, within no more than a 30 min. travel radius. Wife's criteria: property with water view, shopping, peace and quiet. My DOB 1944, child bride's is 1953. Both healthy as hogs.

Currently frisking the Mayan Riviera (south of Cancun), Central and South America. Prefer house over condo ownership but open to all. Expat community desired but we can mix it up if a real plum of a property turns up.

Possible long-term or permanent expats, but will likely vibrate back and forth from WV, USA until various properties get sold and grandkids outgrow us (ages 6 and 9 now). Would hope to be able to rent out whatever we settle on whenever we're not there.

Any leads as to where I might be describing would be greatly appreciated with thanks in advance.

gorbman.com/2011/07/10/the-yucatan-country-club

See my blog article about the Yucatan Country Club.