Business Registration

Hi,

I hope someone can give me a clear answer on this question.

Myself, another expat and a Filipino citizen are planning to own a partnership business in the near future.

I am a resident under section 13a whilst my other expat friend is only here on a tourist visa.

I've read that foreigners can only own a 40% share in a Filipino business. Does this mean that the combination of both my own and my other expat friends shares can not exceed 40% or does my status under 13A mean that I can own more? In simpler terms are we entitled to 80% or merely fraction of the 40%

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Hello frankie86 and welcome to Expat.com!:)

Have you taken a look at the articles in our participative guide?
I may suggest you this one > Investment in Philippine.

Hope it helps,
Harmonie.:)

Hi Frankie,

There is a common misconception that Philippine Corporations are restricted from full ownership of foreign nationals. This is simply incorrect.

Certain industries, such mass communication, firearms, and others are limited to amounts of foreign ownership as listed in the (moderated: no free ads please)Foreign Investment Negative List which you can find on our website.

Other than that almost 100% foreign equity is allowed in every business (I say almost 100% because you are required to have a Filipino Corporate Secretary and you must give them 1 share of stock to hold the position but let's say 99.99% foreign owned)they however require increased paid-up capital required for companies that are more than 40% foreign owned. This is usually 200,000.00 USD but can be reduced on several grounds.

(moderated: no free ads please)

Cheers

Thanks TripleiConsulting, i've already found your website via a few Google Searches.

What would the minimum paid up capital be for an advertizing company partnership which is more than 40% foreign owned?

Advertising is restricted to a maximum of 30% foreign ownership.

Even if it is online advertizing?