Looking for a Dutch student to play with my children 2h a week

Hi,

I am a French mother of 3 French - Dutch boys, from 8 months to 5 years old. I am looking for a Dutch student to play, read and talk with my 2 older children on wednesday morning, about 2h per week. My boys already understand Dutch perfectly, although they answer in French. We would like them to speak Dutch as well.

Any idea about the way I could find such a student ? This is not about babysitting since the Nanny or myself will be at home too.

Thanks for your help !

Hi,

where are you located ?

We live in Colombes (92), a few km from Paris.

Hello,
we are also a dutch-French family living in Neuilly. We have a little girl of almost 18 months. She spent first year in Amsterdam but now back in France she is not used anymore to the Dutch language.
We would love also to find a Dutch student to play and talk with Chloé, or maybe meet other Dutch family to share advices and get contact with Dutch community.
Hope you foud a solution and I would be interested to talk to you and maybe get information from you.

Thank in advance for your reply

If you are unable to find someone, you could send a request to all the Dutch expat moms over the world (on the non localized expatriate forum). I'm sure lots of them are experiencing the same problem.

You can meet them and their children on Skype and practice your native language together by reading stories, playing games, etc.

For Flemish people there is a site called viw.be (vlamingen in de wereld), maybe something similar exists for Dutch people. You might also want to check with your embassy or on nederlanders.fr.

Good luck!