Life in Sohar

Hi,

I would appreciate it if I could get information about accommodation, food and expat community in Sohar.
I have recently joined Shinas College of Technology.

Regards
Ali

Hi I am currently looking for work in Oman and was also wondering what life is like in Sohar?

hi..
same with apollolight. i want to know about sohar,how is lifestyle
there. is it the same with dubai or abu dhabi.

cheers.

apollolight wrote:

Hi I am currently looking for work in Oman and was also wondering what life is like in Sohar?

pretty nice here in Sohar. It's the nearest Omani city to UAE, an hour away, and 2 hours drive to Muscat, the capital. Sohar is more like an easy place to move around, not much traffic, less pollutions and people are friendly. :)

thanks pee3....another question..i would like to find a furnished or semi-furnished apartment in Sohar - I'll be there from the beginning of February...I won't be able to drive when I get there at first so I need to find a place to live where I can walk to get essentials such as food. I was told living near the old souk would be a good place to base myself.  If you have any tips or advice in this regard please let me know.  thanks a million!

apollolight wrote:

thanks pee3....another question..i would like to find a furnished or semi-furnished apartment in Sohar - I'll be there from the beginning of February...I won't be able to drive when I get there at first so I need to find a place to live where I can walk to get essentials such as food. I was told living near the old souk would be a good place to base myself.  If you have any tips or advice in this regard please let me know.  thanks a million!

hi, yeah there's some here.. I live just quite a distance from the market. There are flats and villas around. Apartments good for 1 person are about 100 riyals. i'll be glad to help you when you get here. Just pm me. Goodluck!

Hi pee3
Can you help? I am looking for a 2BHK on a ground floor. Pls write to: jjacob1000 at gmail . Many thanks.
Rgds
Jacob

pee3 wrote:

hi, yeah there's some here.. I live just quite a distance from the market. There are flats and villas around. Apartments good for 1 person are about 100 riyals. i'll be glad to help you when you get here. Just pm me. Goodluck!