Any english teachers from ksu?

I am arriving in riyadh tomorrow - any expats from uk going to teach at ksu?:)

I'm an expat but not from the UK. I'm an American. :rolleyes: I'll be teaching at KSU - the English prep course. ICEAT hired me. I'm still in America today but am supposed to travel on the 10th. Evidently, they allowed only the men to enter first. I was supposed to travel today.

Are you teaching the prep course? Which recruiting firm hired you? Are you in Riyadh now? What's it like so far.

twistinpatty wrote:

Welcome to Riyadh, hope you will enjoy here.

even I would like to Know which Recruitment Company is Catering KSU...

Welcome to Riyadh . I hope  to be happy her
If u want any info doesn't just write herr

YES,MY EMAIL " [email protected]  "

hello and welcom  inkim tax
send me your cv in my email:[email protected]
i help u
best regard

fleurdelys7 wrote:

hello and welcom  inkim tax
send me your cv in my email:[email protected]
i help u
best regard

Why do you want my cv?

you are more than welcome here

twistinpatty wrote:

Inbox me, I'm in a similar boat to you, arrived this morning at 4am.

All the best!

Hi all, Just been offered a job as ESL instructor to teach a PNU...haven't signed the contract yet as trying to research all the pros and cons before submitting...has anyone been offered work through Education Experts..if so what is your experience...look forward to helpful replies and good luck all the teachers who have just arrived..

Can I get any details of what the english prep courses look like at King Saud University? 

Is it a prescribed program?  Is there online curriculum? 

I am considering an offer to work at the university.

Thanks

GC

I am a teacher at KSU for their prep year program.  I just started a few weeks ago, it's pretty disorganized but things are starting to get straightened out. For the most part the kids are really good and that has been a nice surprise.

What sort of resources do they expect you bring?  Do they have a specific curriculum or do have to develop it yourself?

GC

All the students are divided into 6 levels based on language ability and they have a syllabus for each level.  There is a lot of independence so if you feel like not doing the book and developing your own lesson that is fine.  You aren't expected to bring your own resources but the photocopier is unreliable, markers and stationery are in short supply and the e-podiums can be sensitive

Hello

I am teaching at the male campus in riyadh at ksu.

Bloody awful exoerience thus far

I have taught in England alot as well as Italy but i wasnt expexting this level of unprofessoinalism and total lack of any order.

No photocopiers - well ones that work anyway
limited pens
e podiums are a joke - they dont work

The dean dr abdullah warns you on the first if you dont do this that or the other you will get fired.

very demoralising

Our company has already had 12 people leave and more are expected toleave soon

dr aq

Thanks very much.  i have my children and my father here in Canada and if i leave I want to ensure that it is a great experience.

I would be teaching the 'preparatory' english program.  Are you teaching in another faculty?  What company recruited you to work there?  Where are you living?  I am very surprised by your comments, but I really appreciate your honesty.

Thanks - this is a very difficult decision and I would be sacrificing a lot to head over to King Saud University.

Thanks very much

Gerry

Hello Gerry

I am teaching at the pyp programe with the KSU university in Riyadh.

I am working double shifts now although i was initially contracted to do a single shift i.e. to teach only 4 hours a day with 4 hours preparation time.

Hwever the previous company named Obeikan and Bell were kicked out earlier this year 2011. This has resulted in EdEx stepping in to take the lions share of the work.

When i started in August 2011 it was really bad for some of us as we were forced to teach 8 hours a day some of us like myself are still doing 8 hours a day teaching with no prep time.

Yes last week were told that we would be reimbursed for any extra teaching we do i.e. 50% extra.

There is no recourse to a hierarchy that i am used to in the UK i.e. if there is a problem with students or teachers its your problem.

Coordinators are almost no existant and alot of teachers are conidering leaving as the morale is low.

I am forced to stay here as i cant get a job back in my own country but i wont be coming here again next year unless things improve drastically.

dr aq

Thanks - it sounds that your recommendation would be to not accept the contract given the conditions.

GC

Hello

I have no issue with anyone coming to this place for money - thats what i am here for to be honest. But i am against peolpe being brought here under false pretenses.

I am still living in hotel accomodation and sharing - although i dont mind but this is not what i was proimised initially.

The university is more of a primary school in terms of management or lack thereof.

The fact that private companies gave considerable stakes in the university educaton makes it totally unique in the education sectors ihave worked in.

As you are not employed by the uni direct you are shoved around like a hot potato from one are to the other.

The university use you to get to the employer and vise versa.

Often we run out of paper for the photocopier and i have had to recycle paper for my student handouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a university in the western sense.

There is the act of teaching english and then tere is the business of teaching english!!!

if you need any more info let me know

dr aq

Has anyone been placed in schools/university by the S and T Group?  What has your experience been with this company?  What are the living conditions that they provide expats?

thesandtgroup.com/

Thanks,

Gerry

problems start with air port pick...maybe no-one will be there to pick u up.
Then, you may get sexually harassed by the edex employees sent to pick u up.
Do NOT get in the back seat with any man!! Do NOt agree to go to a restaurant. do NOT allow Edex men to show you your room. Never allow any man to 'accidentally' brush past or touch any part of your body -even just hands.

norabr

Are you sure Talk about Saudi Arabia ?
Your tips are not in place

Shmally,
Were you born in 88 or are you 88 years old? If you are 88 years old - this is obvious - you don't have any needs then,
regards

welcome to saudi...if any expats want to tour saudi, just msg me

norabr wrote:

problems start with air port pick...maybe no-one will be there to pick u up.
Then, you may get sexually harassed by the edex employees sent to pick u up.
Do NOT get in the back seat with any man!! Do NOt agree to go to a restaurant. do NOT allow Edex men to show you your room. Never allow any man to 'accidentally' brush past or touch any part of your body -even just hands.

Sorry, this applies in ANY country, not just Saudi.  These are things women are taught to do and should instinctively do regardless of their location.  Saudi is certainly not an exception or a place to let your guard down.

agree with fernwood

hi

I work for ICEAT and I have had no problems so far. It is a reliable company and the university is great.

I am offered ESL position with Al Khaleej Training & Education in Saudi Arabia.....Can anyone tell me about them please?

Welcome to Riyadh

inamhaqqani wrote:

I am offered ESL position with Al Khaleej Training & Education in Saudi Arabia.....Can anyone tell me about them please?

I suggest you go to Dave's ESL Cafe, Saudi forum for specific info about this company.

Hello:

Francis here,  I was also brought here by ICEAT and I am waiting to teach at KSU.  I am a bit lost by the slow pace of the place.  Please, inform me what you have learned in the past few weeks.

fgp

to get ur details lol......common trick to get a girl/women details lol.......Get a life man move on ....

FrancisGary wrote:

I was also brought here by ICEAT and I am waiting to teach at KSU.  I am a bit lost by the slow pace of the place.  Please, inform me what you have learned in the past few weeks.

It's normal to feel a bit overwhelmed (or underwhelmed) within the first week or so of arriving in the Kingdom. It takes some adjustment.  Anyway, the other teachers will be your best resource for info about ICEAT, KSU and places of interest around the city and country.  Just keep your expectations low, especially with ICEAT.

any updates on ksu?

Hi gregsie7,

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

Which information are you looking for?

A hi, thank you or please will be highly appreciated and will encourage the members to reply to your query.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

A client of ours has close to 250 university vacancies to fill in Saudi Arabia. Must be English language native with a minimum BA plus some experience. Apply to [email protected] and mention The ESL Job Mine. If you are a recruiter, contact [email protected] to discuss ways to work together

Hello inadvance  :cheers:

Could you please list yourself in our business directory section?

Regards
Kenjee

Sure. Can you guide me as how to do it?

Hello inadvance :)

Follow >> this link << and click on the ''+Add A Business'' green button on the right of your screen.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Kenjee, We offer jobs all over the KSA. Do you have a way to move us to a broader context? 
Peter