Help me!!

I am moving to Jordan in July, so excited.  My husband is originally from the country.  We have built a house over skype and will be finishing it up when we get there.  I am trying to locate schools for my children.  I have a four year old that will be starting school in the fall and she has a limited vocab of Arabic.  I am trying to find a good school that will help her without feeling dumb that lessons are taught in english but they also push the arabic so that we can eventually graduate her to public school.
On a personal note, I am also looking for some american friends that would get my sense of humor :P  I am a nurse practitioner and I enjoy quilting and jokes.  I have a blog for my family at www.smadifamily.blogspot.com so you can check us out...please if you have any recommendation and if you would like to meet when we get there please feel free to contact me.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pr … _in_Jordan

welcome to Jordan
and don't worry ! 
I thin u will see every thing is easy in Jordan… here u can find many schools with English language... and also if u give her to normal (privet/gov) school, it ‘ll be ok because in Jordan study English, my brother's son Ali (4 years old) can not speak Arabic, because his mother not Arabic, nobody learn hem, but u know? He now speaks Arabic better than his mom witch live here 5 years and learn Arabic before coming to Jordan! And he speaks Arabic in same level of students in his class student ( he study in Quran School – tahfiz Quran - )

There are quite a few children in the Cambridge High School that have been living out of Jordan but have one or both Jordanian parents. Usually their parents put them in the national classes (there is a national and international stream) to improve their arabic. There is also the equivalent of the 'British ladies of Amman (BLA) Club' for the Americans.

i dont know where all my post :mad:
it was so long with many experinces :(

hi there
i'm moving to jordan too probably in august.  i'm also a nurse and my husband and i have just built a house in amman (abdoun area).  cant help you with your school questions as i dont have any children, yet... i'm prego right now. 
well, good luck and hope to chat with you soon.

maria

Hello!  My name is Bethany.  I am an American living in Amman with my Jordanian husband and 2 small children.  We moved here in July 2009.  I am a registered nurse, currently staying at home with my kids.  Looking to meet/chat with you about your experiences here.  I checked out your blog and see that you have some similiar issues as we did moving in.  Check out my blog site http://bedtimestoriesfromjordan.blogspot.com/.  I am an American Muslima expat nurse and mother....and so are you!  Let hook up and share our experiences in our new land!!

Hi,
Please let me know about work enviornment, minimum salary required for 2 memeber family, cost of living etc. for an Indian Expact.

Hi, I have four kids.  Ages 12,3,18mths, and 9 mths.  My two eldest go to Philadelphia National School and they are doing excellent in both english and arabic.  The school offers both the international and national curriculums.  My daughters are in the international program and are taught in english with the exception of the arabic language.  My 3 yr old didn't speak nor understand any arabic when she started since I don't speak arabic but now she is fluent and speaks like a native.  the interaction with the other kids has helped her become fluent.  Hope this helps.