New life, new friends?

Hi!

I recently moved to budapest with my boyfriend and now I am looking for some new friends. At first I will do a language course, then I will look for a job. Anyone interested in meeting for a coffee, drink, film or just sit around in the sun? I would be very happy, if you release me from my lonelyness! ;)

hope to see you soon

Barbara

Welcome to Expat.com Barbara!:)

Harmonie.

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to Budapest!

This week will start a wine exposition in the castle, with of course wine testing activities... Moreover it is one of the best point of view of Budapest...

Anybody else interested to come?

Julien

Great idea

Here is the link
http://www.aborfesztival.hu/index.php?p … =0&lang=en

Not sure if I can make it will know more tomorrow

Z

Are you by any chance a fellow Firefly fan?
The Hungarian dubbing was horrible, so it never gained much attention here, but there are some bleeding-heart browncoats around. Yes, even besides me :-)

Back to your question I'm sure you'll find lots of friends, most young people speak English to a varying extent.

I always advise people to try and pick up the same or similar kind of hobbies, sports, bars, parties like they used to at home. You'll be greeted warmly and make lots of friends instantly.

hi barbara u wanna meet now?

Hi paddylad,

Could you please introduce yourself?

Thank you

Hello Barbara,

language course is good start and also if you find job in international company it will help with  first contacts.
(Moderated : No free advertisement on the blog please).

for example:
polyglot club - language club for learning languages
melting pot - culture club
couchsurfing meetings
you can find many other different interest clubs like painting,theatre improvization, contemporary dance, public speaking,sport clubs,...
There are also organized events for expats like internations.org

Wish you a nice start in Budapest
Martin