US citizen looking to move to Belgium

Hi! My name is Alaina, I'm from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I am just beginning the process of moving to Belgium to be with my boyfriend. I spent 7 weeks this summer in Antwerp already and fell in love with everything about the country.

I am 23 years old, recently graduated with an Early Childhood Education degree and hope to start nannying once I move to Belgium.

I'm finding it difficult to start the moving and visa process, as I don't know where to start. I'm not even sure what I need to have to be able to apply for a residence visa.

Any help or new friends would be greatly appreciated!

Alaina

From what I know from the process of getting mine you have to accounce yourself and register as soon as you there. But you also useually need to be married to a Belguim or have a job to get a id card. I can seem a difficult process best bed is speak to immgration and then perhaps contact the city hall of antwerp as each city has a different process

Erm, no, Hannah, immigration is a national thing, it should not vary by city. You're from the UK, so this is kind of out of your area; you may not want to offer advice when you might be steering people wrong.

Alaina, please feel free to contact me and ask me any questions you have, I am American and have done this. You do not need to be married. There *are* requirements you have to meet if not married though. This is the official site which gives the conditions for the visa granted for cohabitation. If there's anything else you need, just ask.

Yeah but i ment to terms of registring the forms a different. As my bfs perants work for city hall near Brussles and the process is different were I live to the way I they would do it thats all I meant. But never mind no harm done