Antwerp Advice

Ok so I have a friend comming this week and on saturday we plan to visit Antwerp. I have never been yet so fristly i want some avice on a good waffle/ pancake place and anything else  anyone thinks is worth seeing thanks Hannah

if u would like to eat some great  french (belgian)fries
go to the groenplaats and buy at Max....free xtra sauce yummie..
and go sit at the schelde( de kaaien) with a bottle of wine , cheese and candles..everybody does it....

great funny sex shop at the "oever nr 1" i bought several coffee cups there... and every sunday there s a flee market on the same square.

a vegetable and olive / wine market on saturday's at the theaterplein.. ; i live around teh corner but me and my beau are
in Amsterdam now..painting my mom s kitchen:rolleyes:..
okay
have fun..

Lol how people on here call them french fries lol. I have had planty of fries and theres a good place near my house so its more waffle pancake cafe im looking for but thanks

The Belgufra has the best waffles, it's just a stand place, not a restaurant. There's a couple on the Meir.

There is the Vogelenmarkt on Sundays, where they sell a bit of everything, and there is the Exotische Markt on Saturdays, which mostly has lots of different foods, fresh veg & fruit & seafood, cheese, lots of Turkish stuff, etc. These markets are both located in the same place, in front of the theater.

What you should see depends on what you like. You can walk along the river, you can visit the old 1930s wooden escalator, you can go to any of the many museums, walk down the Meir & Nationalestraat for all kinds of shopping, there's the Stadspark, the cathedral (that houses many Rubens pieces) & historical center...

Okies thanks perhaps best to just wonder around. Yeah I know many waffle stands but i gues there isnt to many cafes that do good ones

Hallo Hannah :) I went there like over a month ago, and it was very nice :) In the train station you can find the tourist office, they have information, and they gave us some maps with 2 different routes, one around the center of Antwerp, and another one by the river and the new museum.

We made both routes, it was a lot of walking though, but we like it, it was like 2 hours walking each.. And we also went to the top of the new museum, it was free :) And you can see the whole city, it's a very nice view.

I also recommend having a drink by the grote markt and entering the Cathedral, I didn't enter Ruben's House, but I wish I had :)

Sorry for not knowing the names properly :P

There is also a tourist office in the historic center, by the Brabo fountain/City Hall.

In two hours you could walk pretty much the entire main part of the city, sounds more like you guys were taking your time to stop & look around at everything as much as you were walking! lol.

ETA: Which names are you not sure of, Alex? The new museum is the MAS.

Yeah itll be a slow walk around anyway totak everything in then off to Knoke probs miss spelt on sunday