Public transportation in Paraguay

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Paraguay ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed? What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Paraguay?

Thanks in advance for participating!

The public busses that travel in cities from point to point, and from town to town, arenot so safe, as sometimes, it can happen a criminal enters and steal.
There are other busses, that travel national or international, and they are in perfect state, and are quiet safe. ofcourse, accidents happen.
I always travel by big car, or big motorbike.

It depends on who you talk to.  Some say the buses are safe, others say they are not.  I have ridden them during the day with other people and had no trouble.  A young man even offered me his seat. 

Many of the buses are in poor condition, but they will take you almost anywhere you need to go.  It's best to have a local tell you which buses take you where because there is no posted schedule.

It happens quiet a lot, a bus is entered by one or more criminals, and the rob everyone on the bus. And accidents, being not deadly happen a lot, deadlies enough, to have a lot of local people that don't like to use the busses, for those two reasons.
Now, don't understand me badly, I feel myself safe here.

Hi!

Thanks for these tips.

Harmonie.

And other point : Busses, that are used for bigger distances, are safer in the traffic and do not be robbed.
The traffic in Paraguay is actually not to dangerous, but there happen a lot of accidents, with light motorbikes, but that is more, because they don't have a license, take much risks, and don't know the traffic codes.