Public transportation in Bursa

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Bursa ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Bursa?

Thanks in advance for participating!

streetcar, metro, bus, taxi etc.. it's developed but bursa is a crowded city with a population of 3 millon so transportation is not much comfortable :) i use it everyday. fare is 2 TL (1€ i think). but you can use BuKart in Bursa it's a bit cheap.

Thank you for your contribution denizozdemir! :)

Aurélie

I am staying on Kükürtlü caddesi. This place is the best for local transport. We get Dolmuş (Shared taxi) here. The distance is fixed & you can travel at 1.75TL per trip. Also the local buses are good. The best thing is BuCart can be used for all the local transport means developed by corporation.

@Armand,I think transportation in Bursa is quite convenient.There's Metro ( 2 lines are operational,line 1 is Emek which runs from Arabayataği to Emek;line 2 is Üniversite which runs from Arabayataği to the Uludağ Üniversite area.Emek stop is where you catch the bus to the ferryboat terminal.)For buses and the Metro,you can use the Bukart card.You can buy such card in Metro stations and in many other designated stores.Dolmuş is also a convenient transport. It is a shared taxi where each passenger pays a fixed amount of 1.5 or 1.75 TL,depending on your destination.
Personally,I always take the Metro and the dolmuş.They are quite safe and convenient.

Thank you for your input Silkentouch! :)

Aurélie